cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TalkTalk mail keeps saying ‘no password provided’

MelanieMillar
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Done all the checks

verified and then when I check mail, he error message pops up. 
I have done everything countless times.

deleted the app

deleted the account

checked all the settings

put the password in.

still getting the error

please help

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi MelanieMillar 

Check that your mailbox is working via webmail and an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in. Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message so you can see the sent message in the Sent objects folder and then check that the message arrives in and stays in the Inbox.

In the Inbox do you have or did you have a mail message from TalkTalk indicating that your email app on the 'phone must use secure settings or be limited to webmail only?  If the mailbox has had IMAP access withdrawn then that was a last resort action by TalkTalk to stop the use of insecure settings.  The device will not authenticate the password until TalkTalk restore full access.

TalkTalk will notify you in advance of TalkTalk Mail being limited to webmail only access if:

• You're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus subscriber
    Or the mailbox address is not added to an active customer MyAccount
  • Any device email software, email app, or mail collection service connects to your mailbox using insecure settings
    Secure mail connections to your mailbox must all be made using a minimum of TLS 1.2 encryption security and sign in using the email address and email password
  • There's continued use of out of date email software, operating system or legacy email settings
    We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides

Tell me what model device are you using to view your mail messages. Also its Operating system and the email type and version number. Asking to check that the device does support secure mail.  Also need to know if you're using any other mail collection service or devices to view your emails. All must use secure settings.

Once we know what you're using and that the device is capable of secure mail and you know how to set that up with secure settings I can request TalkTalk Support restore IMAP access to your mailbox.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the affected email address and your customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Guides to follow when I know what guides to offer.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution