cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TalkTalk on New Windows Outlook does not work. Wont even recognise my talktalk email address

mollie47
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Since the 13th March this year my talktalk email account on the New Outlook has stopped working. Have deleted the account and re installed it, still no joy. Have switch firewall off to see if this was blocking it. But no difference. No problems with my Samsung Phone email app. Have had to go back to using webmail. Not happy think I might cancel my TalkTalk account. As there seems to nobody who can sort this out.

TV researcher
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Yes, Microsoft have confirmed to one of our members that New Outlook aka Outlook for Windows is still in development. i.e. it's not guaranteed to work because it's not released as a production product. The product has ceased working with TalkTalk Mail in just the same way as Outlook for Windows didn't work when first launched. I then reverted to Windows Mail as I have had to once more.  Microsoft have recommended to our Community member to use Outlook 365 or TalkTalk Mail webmail.

There are plenty of other email apps that do work and one that is most used by our members, including me, is Thunderbird, a free email app from Mozilla the developers of the Firefox browser. And as you also confirm, the Samsung email app on your 'phone continues to function perfectly well.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution