cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Talktalk mail not working on other apps

Ken-L
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

About a week ago I couldn’t access talktalk mail via apps such as “mail” I have tried all the setting TT suggest but it still won’t work.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Ken-L, what version of IOS are you using? What version of IPAD is it? Are you able to login to TalkTalk Mail

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Ken, I don't know what you're doing. As you're giving me so little information and not answering my direct questions I'm giving up on offering help.

I'm handing over this topic to to TalkTalk Support to pick up and help you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Ken-L
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

Hi Gondola,

I have gone into my settings and email accounts, I have hit “my account” and my email but it doesn’t show my email again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

I asked for the iPad OS version. Tap on the iPad 'Settings' icon. Navigate down to 'General' and tap on 'About'. Here you will see a list of options. Locate 'Software Version' and to the right will show you the current iOS version the iPad is running.

I asked for the incoming and outgoing server settings so here's how to check those settings along with further advice for iPad OS for older devices.

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Gondola,

There are no messages on “Mail” it hasn’t worked for over a week.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

What's the iPad Operating System? MyMail requires iPad OS 15 or newer.

Please take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of your TalkTalk Mail address and upload here using the Camera / Picture icon above this Reply area. I'll take a look to check the settings for you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Gondola and thanks for your reply,

I sent you a reply but you obviously didn’t receive it.

i took my iPad to the Apple shop today and they couldn’t solve the problem and indicated that it was a Talktalk server issue.

my password is ok and it is a long one. I use an IPad and phone for my emails, I have used the “MYMAIL” app and reverted to the “MAIL” app on the iPad when that stopped working. No messages appear on the MAIL app, no mail comes in or goes out. I tried to use the Talktalk setting they advise but to no avail. The “MYMAIL” app indicates that the server isn’t working.

A friend, who is very good at this, checked my settings.

let me know if you get this.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

So, a day later and no response here from Ken so I'll take it my remote magic has definitely solved the issue.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

You've labelled this topic as webmail but I assume webmail is working ok to prove that your mailbox is functioning?  What email domain are we dealing with? talktalk.net or tiscali.co.uk or lineone.net or dsl.pipex.com or one of the other legacy domains?

What device are you using the email app on? What's the Operating system and the email app name and version?  What error message(s) do you see when attempting to use the email app?

Take screenshots of the Incoming and Outgoing server settings that you've set up, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and upload here using the camera icon above this Reply area.

Let's assume the settings are going to be seen as correct. Have you also made sure the email password is strong enough? The minimum length is 8 characters but I recommend a password length of 12 - 15 characters, multicase letters and numbers and at least one approved symbol.