cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to send TalkTalk to TalkTalk emails; is it me?

Flumoxd
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Colleagues

I’m having a problem with all four of my TalkTalk (@tiscali) email accounts. They are communicating fine with the outside world (non-TalkTalk addresses), but messages sent between @Tiscali email accounts are not getting delivered.

I don’t actually know how long this has been happening but looking at my sent items the last mail was exchanged on March 23/24 2024. There have not been any changes to our tech that would have caused this situation to have cascaded through our devices.

Is there a problem with TT, has some configuration changed at TT, or is it just me?

Background: We have three Android phones capable of accessing some or all of the Tiscali email accounts, one laptop with proper Outlook 2016 (not the Windows 10 freebie), and of course all devices can access TT Webmail. Irrespective of which device is used and whether mail is accessed directly from the email program or via webmail, the result is the same. I can send and receive email *except* when that mail is sent to a Tiscali address.

Answers on a post card, please 🙂

A customer since 2006
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Thanks for your kind words of support. The TalkTalk team will certainly appreciate that you posted. 

Good to see the tiscali mail flowing inbound as normal.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 13

Also @Ady-TalkTalk 

Many thanks for sorting this out. All my accounts are back to normal.

I think we (normal users) tend to forget the amount of effort you folks invest in keeping us safe from spam. So I for one am glad you do make these efforts , and I expect all others do too.

Cordially,

A customer since 2006

Message 3 of 13

Thanks its already with the incident team. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 13

Hi Ady, just to say that tiscali to tiscali mail does appear to be rejected as spam by the talktalk inbound MX mail servers.

There's a SORBS DUHL spam blacklisting for tiscali.co.uk so if the email admins can get that cleared and the CloudMark network filters reset that should effect a solution.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

I've raised this to the incident team. Please let me know if it's still happening. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 13

Hi Ady

Any chance you could work your magic for me one more time. This unexpected behaviour seems to have reappeared.

Many thanks

A customer since 2006
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

I appreciate your time to let us know. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Ady

Many thanks for your involvement.

I just checked and there's no longer an issue sending messages between our accounts, although the previously sent messages have not materialised (yet). Fortunately, there was nothing critical in those 'missing' messages, so I'm relaxed about this!

Again, thanks to both you and to @Gondola for looking into this for me. 👍

A customer since 2006

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

I've checked all 4 of the  email addresses and there's no blocking that would call this problem. I'll ask the email team to test with the tiscali mailboxes to see if they can replicate this. 

Ady

Message 10 of 13

Hi

Thanks for your comments.

There have been no changes at my end - this problem was spotted before the BST switch.  As to the webmail, I don't use this feature unless I need to trace an issue. There have been are no new rules set for probably a year when I tried to block spam.

Before I made this post, I ran a line test which didn't throw up any issues except that the clock on the TT line test site has not changed to BST.

Curiously, after the line test I received an SMS saying "all's OK". This was later followed up by an email from info@customer-service.talktalk.co.uk, so some mail's getting through; just not from my accounts.

Anyhow, I've done as you suggested and completed my profile with all my email addresses in the private notes section. I hope we'll hear more when the TT folks get back from their well-earned holiday.

Again, thanks for your involvement.

A customer since 2006

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 13

Hi Flumoxd 

I've not been able to replicate the issue. I've sent from and to talktalk.net email accounts without any problem. I've checked the TalkTalk and Tiscali DNS servers and those appear to be responding.  Have you checked via webmail that there are no filter rules defined in the mailbox? Have you checked that the time on your devices is correct, bearing in mind the clocks went forward early this morning.

If you've marked spoofed mail as spam then it's possible your mailbox is blocking self-sent mail messages.

Because there are several people reporting the similar issues I've asked TalkTalk Support to check your mailboxes. Make sure the email addresses are in your Community profile, Personal information, Private Notes.

0 Likes

SCFC1883*
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Been like that for me also. It's not the first time this has happened either.

0 Likes