cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

emails from tiscali address marked as spam by gmail

pne168
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

For the last two weeks any emails which we send to gmail accounts are not received and are put in spam folders. This is really frustrating as it means we are unable to contact many friends and family members. When is Talktalk going to fix this problem?

Ns
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

pne168
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Thats great, thanks for the information. I can pass this on to everyone who I email who has a gmail address. After several missed appointments and being told off for not replying when I had, I can now look forward to renewing contact with quite a few people. 

Ns

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

TalkTalk cannot fix an issue that's outside of its control.

Gmail have a new policy on controlling spam. All mail must be fully authenticated and TalkTalk Mail is fully authenticated. But Gmail insist that if more than 3 in 1000 messages are marked as spam then they reserve the right to dump some or indeed all mail into Spam folders.

My understanding is that TalkTalk have done what they can to identify spam senders and stop that at source. I also understand that TalkTalk have cleared any blacklisting of mail servers.

Just communicate with your Gmail contacts e.g. Gmail to Gmail, to advise them to look in Spam and mark your mail messages as Not spam. This will deliver those and future messages into the Inbox as that's a clear instruction to Gmail not to dump into the Spam folder.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution