cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

end email

hosays299
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi for some rason my talktalk email address are still working how do i close them down as i can not access the account as left u last year ??

can i pm a staff the email address info??

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi hosays299, I'm afraid we're not permitted to interfere with RTBF issues. Only the GDPR team can take any action for you and the process is to contact them via post. I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful, but its been a long time since we could process these.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

We can certainly ask if Staff here are willing and able to act as intermediaries between you and the Data Protection team.

That would be unusual as Data Protection rules normally require instructions to be given directly by the 'owner' of the personal data to be deleted i.e. your email addresses. The team here are not permitted to delete any email addresses or other personal data.

As I explained, putting the relevant customer account and email details in a letter is all you need do. You don't need to track anything. The Data Protection team will acknowledge a letter and let you know if your details have been verified. They have a month in which to respond.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Hi I want to do it via staff on here as chat will not work and post will not track ?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi Joe

User deletion of mailbox email addresses is not currently available anyway but you can certainly give instructions for mailbox deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team.

See the GDPR help page item  'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '. There's a postal address, which in my view is the best way to contact the Data Protection team, but you can initiate a contact via any of the TalkTalk contact methods.

You'll need to provide sufficient proof that you are the registered user of the email addresses you want to have deleted.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution