cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

missing emails

PeterRolison
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 77 of 77

I had a sub-folder in my inbox in which I keep (in separate folders) all the emails I want to keep, but not visible in the main inbox.  There was a down-arrow next to my email address which I used to access this sub-folder.  Now my main email address is not displayed and so I have no way of accessing all my emails in these folders.  As these emails are important, can someone tell me how I can access them?

Peter

Peter
0 Likes
76 REPLIES 76

PeterRolison
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 61 of 77

Hi Gondola,

For my own benefit I changed the Account name to my primary email address.

Both my secondary email accounts (Skinheadss and Wulf) have the correct passwords and were working fine.  I deleted and re-created my secondary email "skinheadss" and now that appears as an email address but says the folder is empty!  It says the credentials for accessing the imap server are wrong, however I used exactly the same settings as previously!  I have signed out and back in again, but no joy!

Peter
0 Likes

Message 62 of 77

The Account name can be whatever you want it to display as in the Folder view. So you can change it to be the real email address if you wish. That Account name will appear preceeded by a chevron icon above the Standard folders in the folder view.

The important bit is that the Username in the secondary email account incoming and outgoing server settings is the real full email address for that secondary added email account.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

PeterRolison
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 63 of 77

Hi, I have checked the Account settings and the TalkTalk primary account is listed as Account name "E-mail", Your name "Peter Rolison", E-mail address" obscured for customer security"

Does the Account name need to be changed to the e-mail address?

Peter

Peter
0 Likes

Message 64 of 77

If the added email account Inbox isn't appearing in the unified mail Inbox then it's not yet synchronised which means the password isn't being accepted.

So, back to basics.  Which email account name are you talking about and is this a TalkTalk Mail account or an external account?The Accounts section Edit function will show you the Account name, Your name and the real email address.

An external email account may expect you to generate a special password to use instead of the regular email account password - just to complicate the issue.

Have you signed in to the secondary email account on its own to make sure that it is working and you know the password?

If the account is definitely working but just entering the correct working password didn't get the account to synchronise then go back to the Account section of the primary mailbox and delete the secondary account so you can add it afresh. NB deletion just removes the added account from the primary mailbox but doesn't delete anything in that secondary account.

0 Likes

PeterRolison
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 65 of 77

Hi Gondola,

I have now used Unified mail setting for my main account and the e-mail, and inbox display exactly the same emails as in my main account inbox.  The folder I am looking for still seems elusive.

Thanks, Peter

PeterRolison_0-1697019971669.png

Peter
0 Likes

Message 66 of 77

If you got a confirmation message at the top of the screen when entering and saving the password for the 'skinheadss' account then you should see the Inbox that's under the skinheadss virtual folder populated with the emails for that account. That's the key troubleshooting check to make sure the added secondary email account is actually synchronising and is not flagged up as having an error.

You're looking at the Inbox for the primary account that you're signed in to right now. At least that's what the screenshot shows.

If you are expecting the emails for all added secondary email accounts to appear up with the primary mailbox Inbox then are you looking for a Unified mailbox?  If so, go back to the Accounts page and select Edit and the tick box 'Use unified mail for this account' for all of the accounts that you wish to collect mail for in one virtual Inbox. You'll then see a Unified mail section appear at the top of the folder view. You can look at the virtual combined Inbox folder or select individual copies of the Inboxes for the accounts.

0 Likes

PeterRolison
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 67 of 77

Thanks. Have done that but doesn't seem to make any difference.

New Screenshot seems the same.

Peter

PeterRolison_0-1697014597171.png

Peter
0 Likes

Message 68 of 77

Your secondary added email accounts are named 'skinheadss' and 'wulf' so if you go to the Accounts screen as I advised and Edit to re-enter the passwords for those secondary accounts and Save then you should see a confirmation at the top of the screen and then when the accounts re-synchronise with the skinheadss and wulf mailboxes you'll see the mail messages once more. 

0 Likes

PeterRolison
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 69 of 77

PeterRolison_1-1697013277587.png

Peter
0 Likes

PeterRolison
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 70 of 77

PeterRolison_0-1697013046448.png

This is a screenshot of my Folder view.  Hope it helps

Peter
0 Likes

Message 71 of 77

Please take a screenshot of the Folder view so we can see what you see. Image edit to obscure the first part of any email address and or personally identifiable data before uploading here using the camera icon above this reply area. 

From the description you give I'm guessing that the email address and folders that are separate from the main Inbox are for added secondary email accounts. 

The encrypted passwords for the secondary added email accounts haven't been transferred to the new mail platform. That's why the secondary mailboxes appear empty. The individual mailboxes will be fully functional. So you can sign out of the primary mailbox and sign in to each of the other mailboxes individually and I'd suggest doing so if only to check each password.

Sign out and sign back in to the primary mailbox and then via All settings on the mail cog icon menu go to Accounts and Edit each added email account to re-enter the password(s) and Save changes. Or you could delete the added email accounts via the X icon and set them up afresh. Either way, you simply just need the primary mailbox to generate a new encrypted password to access any secondary added email accounts.

Once the new passwords are saved and the added secondary email accounts are synchronised then the new Inbox folders will be filled with the collected mail messages.

0 Likes

PeterRolison
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 72 of 77

Ady,

It looks as I have been updated to the new system.  However, my email address is still not displayed and so my folders are still inaccessible

Any ideas how I can get access?

Peter

Peter
0 Likes

PeterRolison
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 73 of 77

Hi Ady,

No, nothing.

Peter

Peter
0 Likes

Message 74 of 77

Nothing with a date on?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

PeterRolison
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 75 of 77

Hi Ady,

Thanks for replying.  The only email I have received is one saying " We're improving your TalkTalk Mail experience" but nothing specific or personal.

Peter
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 76 of 77

Hi Peter, have you received any messages telling you that your mailbox is due to be migrated? It sounds like that's what is happening.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes