cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

my emails from tiscali address are going into gmail users spam

joarmitage1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

For some months now, all emails I send from my tiscali address to a gmail user are going into their spam.  It makes no difference whether these are old addresses that I have been using for years (without problem) or new addresses.  They all go directly to spam.  If the recipient moves my mail from spam to inbox the problem stops for a while but then reverts.  I have tried many things to solve this with no success.  Can you help?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Just a quick heads up we contacted GMAIL over a week ago. They've not responded. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Perfect. Nothing else you can do from outside of Gmail.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

joarmitage1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for trying to help.  I've already done that.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

If you need to contact recipients to remind them how to deal with Gmail's latest trick of dumping mail into Spam folders then create a Gmail email address to use to contact those recipients. Magically, Gmail aren't dumping their own mail into Spam despite huge amounts of spam coming out of Gmail on a daily basis.

joarmitage1
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Thank you. I have tried this . It’s fine with friends but I have to have another way of contacting the person - and to know that gmail is their host. Is there nothing I can do at my end? I will have to change my email address if not. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Gmail have a new anti-spam policy that unfortunately is dumping a lot of genuine mail messages into the Spam folders of Gmail users without any check on whether it's spammy or not.

If you have contact with users where this is happening to them then what they need to do is select the mail message in the Spam folder and then hit the Report as not spam button. This will tell Gmail to deliver all your future messages into their Inbox.