cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

4MB a meter really!

NigelW4
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

While being disconnected due to a fault, the resultant investigation has left me perplexed. Accepting that the new build neighbours have fibre to their houses, they have the option on 900MB speeds. According to the open reach test equipment I am 184 meters of copper before I join their fibre super highway to the exchange. What am I offered 21MB, I accept line attenuation, but we have had 21MB for more than 10 years  and then it was copper all the way. how do you get your line re-evaluated? I know it will not be 900MB, but even 40MB doubles my current speed! any suggestions?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Looks like the line performance is poor as surveyed. If you do have full fibre availability then Open reach are unlikely to be replacing any metallic lines. If the line is aluminium then that's going to account for the poor performance.

Go for full fibre.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Nigel

Can you update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

NigelW4
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Gondola, many thanks for the link, TBH, it justifies my argument, the box we are fed from has the new properties listed as full fibre and the checker is stating 1GB clean, the properties (care home apartments) opposite me, all on VDSL state 71MB impacted and I would say is 60 meters shorter than mine and I get 18MB impacted, the properties beyond mine (up to about 200 meters further away) all VDSL from the same box range between 22 and 27 impacted. Based on the evidence either the MB is artificially low or I have wet string instead of copper! where do I push for one or the other to be improved?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Nigel,

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried Gondola's suggestion?

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Put in your post code and then select your address in the BT Broadband checker.

It'll confirm the speed ranges available to your home for Part Fibre (VDSL service). If your broadband line is poor quality, subject to interference etc, then refer to the (Impacted) range of downstream speeds rather then the higher (Clean) speed ranges.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution