cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

5GHz unstable. 2.4GHz is fine.

gdm2905
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Router: Sagemcom-FAST5364

Ive had to separate my networks and the 5GHz connection keeps dying - briefly.

I’ve moved most of my devices onto the 2.4GHz one.

I’ve tried different channels and there are no physical obstacles nearby.

Any ideas?

Geoff

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Currently, I am waiting for the customer to reply to me.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 7

Hi gdm2905

Sorry for the delay.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Thanks @KeithFrench 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

I would need to see these other views from your WiFi analyser like:-

1. 2.4Ghz channels
  2. 5GHz channels
  3. signal/strength over time graph (having been running for 5 mins before taking the screenshot)

to have any idea. However, is this nirsoft application a WiFi analyser?

I can see that you are using the TalkTalk D-Link WiFi extender, there is a firmware bug with these, where the throughput of both WiFi bands will slow right down. Currently, though I can't tell anything from your screenshot, as it is just an AP view.

For any other screenshots I would suggest that you PM them to me (to preserve your privacy) any one in the world can see that one.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

gdm2905
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi

I've attached a screenshot showing channels.  (In red rectangle).

My router is providing four different "networks" - not sure why they are under D-Link company name?

One of them is very poor quality.

Do you think removing WiFi Optimisation will help?My  networks - in red rectangle.My networks - in red rectangle.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

This can be down to the location of the router, if it is near electrical items, or it could be down to WiFi interference.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364/5464 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith

0 Likes