cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

£85 to replace something of TalkTalk that is broken

makman1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

I have just spent an hour and a half with 2 TalkTalk agents trying to discover the problem is with our WiFi booster, which will no longer connect to the router. In the end I was told that I needed to replace the booster but they can’t do that because they haven’t got any in stock. A WiFi extender was suggested as an alternative… but I would have to pay £85 for it! Why should I have to pay? There is a problem with TalkTalk hardware, but I have to pay to fix it? Yes, I know it’s not like for like, but it still is the only solution. I will not pay for it, so now I’m left with a WiFi coverage problem in the house that the booster fixed. Any lovely person from TalkTalk willing to help?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18
0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

No problem, Chris.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi Mak,

The order for the extenders is being processed, I think we may be waiting for stock, apologies for the delay

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Michelle

Just to let you know that nothing has arrived as yet.

best regards

Mak

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Thanks, Michelle.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Good morning,

We'll check back in with you in a few days to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

That’s a fair point, Ally. I didn’t ask for the booster, it was given to me. I never had any problem with the previous router covering the whole house, but, for some reason, the new one wouldn’t, so they supplied it. Without the booster I could still have problems as I don’t think the extenders, if I one for the tv is anything to go by, are as powerful. Of course, I could be wrong. If it doesn’t then I will have to purchase a third party one. Thanks for you comment. 

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 18

Personally, I would say that your contract with TalkTalk is for them to supply broadband to your house. If there is a WiFi coverage problem within your house, that's not the ISPs fault. Given that a proportion of the charges all customers pay will go towards supplying/replacing TalkTalk equipment, I would ask the question of why do you think I should pay for you to get extenders/boosters etc? Especially since I have already paid a fair amount to purchase my own third party router and won't get a free replacement from TalkTalk if it goes faulty.

Message 9 of 18

Many thanks, Chris. This is much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

OK. I've ordered the extenders and returns bag now so if you don't need the returns bag just throw it away or save it for future use, it's up to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

The booster came with a returns bag already with it.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

OK, I'll order the extenders now and a returns bag for the wifi booster

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Yes please, Chris, that would be fantastic!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

OK thanks. I can send the wifi extenders, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

All done.

0 Likes

makman1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

All done, Chris.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi makman1,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris