cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Are there uplink/upload speed issues?

CorleoneUK
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

People on the other end of VOIP calls (MS Teams, WhatsApp, etc.) often complaint that my voice keeps breaking up or lags.

It shows me on the router that I have an uplink of 14 Mbps but, the issue persists.

Also, when I try to do any line or other test using the TalkTalk portal, it keeps saying go to your Eero which is strange as I haven't been given an Eero. I have the regular black WIFI router.

What could be wrong?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

I guess MS Teams calls are fine now but, I think WhatsApp voice calls are still a problem.

Not sure what could be wrong.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Restarted the router after 30 mins. I'll keep testing and report back.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi CorleoneUK

Thank you. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi Chris,

I'm switching off the router tonight and will switch it back on tomorrow morning.

Then I will test again.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks, could you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know if this results in any improvement

Chris

0 Likes

CorleoneUK
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

Nope, it happens even when I'm in the same room as the router & usually the wifi signal is always full.

This only happens when I'm connected TalkTalk broadband.

Works fine when I switch to a mobile hotspot.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Does it make any difference how close the device is to the router? Does it seem to work OK on a device close to the router in the same room?

Chris

0 Likes

CorleoneUK
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Hi Chris,

Yes, I experience the issue on multiple devices - laptops & mobiles both. They connect to the router by WIFI.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi CorleoneUK,

Line test is passing and speeds look good. Do you experience the issue on more than one device? Do the devices connect to your router by Ethernet cable or wifi?

Chris

0 Likes