cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Change of router from eero to sagem fast 5464

royhome
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Good morning, Last year I upgraded from a standard  internet to the full fibre 150 with a phone line included. At the time I received the eero router only and when queried about the phone line was sent in quick succession a Sagem fast 5464 router and a separate box to connect the phone line to the eero.. At the time I elected to go with the eero setup discovering that I also needed to add a network switch to link into my powerline network.

In DDecember 2023 there was a major hiccup with the eero / phone line setup so I reverted to the Sagem 5464 router which restored the phone set up and did away with the need for the network switch giving a much neater installation. 

I much preferred this setup so returned the eero equipment to Talktalk. I have since had several discussions with the so called technical team who indicated this was probably a better solution for me. I then requested that my account details be amended to reflect the Sagem setup rather then the eero and ensure that if I wanted to run diagnostics and speed tests I would access the correct links. Unfortunately this has not happened despite various request and now ask if there is anything that you can get done to reflect my current setup?

Regards

Roy Eaton

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

No problem Roy, sorry it wasn't better news

Chris

0 Likes

royhome
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Thanks to both of you for the very swift replies. Not much else to say or do now. 

Regards

Roy

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Roy,

I'm sorry but unfortunately there's nothing that we can do about this. We've asked this question before and been told that My Connection is linked to the router specified for the package and it can't be changed. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and advise you accordingly.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes