cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection intermittent

Davies231
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

In the past few weeks my connection keeps dropping out on all my devices. I tried contacting Talk talk and they said there was nothing wrong with the connection. In addition to this I've tried rebooting my router but nothing seems to be working. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to remedy it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂 It would be ok to just put the router in the returns bag.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Debbie,

It seems to be working fine now and I received the returns bag whilst I was away (hence the late reply!). Shall I put the old router in the box the new one came in before putting it in the returns bag, or just put the old router straight into the returns bag?

Thanks! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi @Davies231 

How's the connection been? Have you received the returns bags?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Davies231

Apologies for this.

I've ordered a returns bag, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Debbie,

No I didn't receive a returns bag with the new router.

Thanks! 

Message 6 of 13

Hi Davies231

That's great. I will check in again with you on Thursday to see how the connection has been.

Did you receive a returns bag with the new router (for the old router to be returned)

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Debbie,

Yes my router has arrived and I've had it plugged in since this morning: it seems to be working but I would like to leave it a few more days before confirming that. 

How do I go about sending my old router back (or the new one if it doesn't fix my issue)?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Davies231

I have requested a replacement to be sent to you. 

Should be with you in  few days

Regards

Message 10 of 13

Hi Debbie,

That would be really helpful, as I haven't had any issue for the last couple of years and none of my devices have changed since I started experiencing the issue! How do I go about organising that?

Thanks! 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

HI Davies231

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear and I can only see 1 re connection (recent)

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Davies231 the team here will take a look for you tomorrow, your post has been escalated. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.