cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Dead router

Christianjward2
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hello,

In February I received a new router as the one I was using had an intermittent fault. This new router has now died completely.  No internet, no Wi-Fi, nothing. I tried some online tests through the talk talk site and was told there was a fault with the router (REP-12901615). I have tried everything at my end to resolve the issue but nothing makes any difference. 

As it happens I still have the old router with the intermittent fault which I am currently using again as it is better than nothing and works ok most of the time. However I would like this resolved properly and to have a reliable router in place.  The new router has lasted only 3 months which is somewhat concerning. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

Christian 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Christian

That's great. If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie,

Yes the new router has arrived and is working ok. The faulty one was posted back today. 

I notice that this latest replacement is a wi-fi hub 2 whereas the previous ones were the older wi-fi hub 1 so perhaps this one will fare better. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 3 of 12

Hi Christian

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

I'll swap out the router, but if this keeps happening with the next router, then we have to consider that the issue may not be the fault of the router and could be with some other form of interference or device.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Christianjward2
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 12

Hi,

This router has now developed its own problem. Three times today and twice yesterday it has disconnected all devices from Wi-Fi claiming the password is incorrect. If I turn the router off then on again everything reconnects so the issue is nothing to do with the password being incorrect. 

To be honest I’m really not happy with these routers. Each one I’ve had seems to have a different issue and none of them have lasted very long. This one has barely made it a week. 

I recently renewed my contract with TalkTalk for another two years based partly on how responsive these support forums are but I am beginning to regret this as I don’t want another two years messing about endlessly swapping routers out. 

Please sort this out. 

Thanks

Christian

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

Glad the new router has helped, if you need anything further, just let us know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Christianjward2
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

Hello Michelle,

The new router arrived on Friday and is now setup and working. The dead router has been returned tracking ref Royal Mail QZ300346985GB.

Thanks for your help.

Christian

Message 8 of 12

Morning,

Ok, thanks for confirming and hopefully this will arrive soon. We'll check back in with again on Monday.

Thanks

Christianjward2
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Hi Michelle,

I am yet to receive the replacement router mentioned by Debbie but it has not been 48 hours yet. 

Thanks,

Christian

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Morning,

Just to confirm, how are you getting on?

Thanks

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Christian 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for the faulty router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes