cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Down load speed

plb46
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hi

Over the last few days my router has been losing its internet connection periodically and when reconnected I had been getting speeds ranging from approximately 35000 kps to 42000 kps. The latest rate is 34999 kps as measured using an ethernet connection to my lap top. This rate has been stable now for 1 day 15 hours however I am on fibre 65 and I have had a solid connection of around 43000 kps since May 2022. A speed test on the TalkTalk site speed around 33 mbs and a measured speed to the router of 41 mbs as of yesterday Is there a problem with the line now or the router which is a DSL 3782.

Thank you

Plb46

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16
0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi Chris,

Ok will leave for a few days to see if I DLM raises the speed profile, and can get to the guaranteed download speed of the minimum of 40 mbs.

The problem is that only being able to just about get download speeds just above 40mbs if there are no problems with the line.  Therefore, I am always susceptible to any problems the DLM drops my speed down.

I will let you know how it goes

Thanks

plb46

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Thanks for trying that. DLM has changed your profile a couple of times over the weekend so hopefully it will change your profile again over next few days and move you to a faster profile.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Chris,

The results of Router turned off for 30 minutes.as requested

Sync speed now 41786 was 43612 before switch off.

Talktalk speed test was 39 mbs to your router and 39 mbs to your device.

lpb46

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi plb46,

Thanks for the update. line test is showing a sync speed of 43.6Mbps so could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi Chris,

An update on the engineer visit on Friday Morning. The result was after he checked the internal wiring was ok, the green cabinet and at the exchange he said he replaced the wiring.

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the problem as the router link rate was still 34999 kps. He also did a speed check and a result of 33 mbs. His recommendation was to check the fibre ports and he also commented that I had an old router DSL 3782. However, the router link rate a few hours later was 42787kps.

But a speed test on the TalkTalk site still shows a speed to your router of 39 mbs as opposed to a guaranteed 40 mbs and a download speed to your device of 33 mbs.

Thanks

Plb46

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Message 8 of 16

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help will see what open reach can do.

lpb46

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

OK thanks, I'll log this out to Openreach for further investigation

Chris

Message 10 of 16

Thanks Chris, 

We have only one telephone socket. The Router and phone are both connected to this master socket 5C.

plb46 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Thanks, how many telephone sockets do you have?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Chris thanks for the reply.

Yes it is connected to the master socket

plb46

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi plb46,

Line test is picking up a potential issue and connection does appear to have been unstable. Is your router currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Hi Divsec,

Yes phone line ok it was a surprise to suddenly find the router connecting and disconnecting after being stable for 17 months. So yes could be dlm hopefully up to speed again shortly.

Thanks

plb46

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Hi @plb46 your post has been escalated and you should hear shortly. The disconnections may well have caused the dlm system to reduce your speed to improve reliability as the reliability improves dlm should restore your speeds. Is your phone line OK?

Regardless the team here will check things out for you. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.