cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Drop outs and slow speed

Vader2004
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

Hi

We've got fibre broadband and lately we've been getting drops in the connection, it's been happening for a while now, there was works going on putting in new cables around the corner from us, but that is now complete, when line tests are run it's showing no errors, but the line speed has dropped below 110mb gets as low as 24mb, could some look at it for us?

I've rebooted the router and modem, replaced all cables, no phone is plugged into the sockets and no other sockets are in the house just the main one, I've got a spare modem and have swapped over to it yesterday, speed is higher but varying?

Thanks 

Dave

Be a better Human!
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Morning Dave

I've checked and I can see that the sync speed hasn't increased.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to investigate further?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Morning Dave

The sync speed is showing at just under 99mb.

I will check this again on Friday.

0 Likes

Vader2004
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 18

Hi Debbie 

The line seems to be stable so far, the speed is slightly better but is still under 100mb, hopefully it will increase a bit more over this week.

Thanks 

Dave

Be a better Human!
0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Morning Dave

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

I've checked your connection stats this morning the connection does appear to be more stable and sync speed has started to increase.

Debbie

0 Likes

Vader2004
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 18

Hi Debbie 

I've just finished swapping back over to the other fiber modem, the speed is a little quicker, also tested a few cables from the main box to the modem, I think I've got the best setup not, we can see the speed syncs up now

Thanks 

Dave

Be a better Human!

Vader2004
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 18

Hi Debbie 

Sorry, for the slow reply

I believe it has been stable, the speed is a little slower, I might just try the original fiber modem on again and we can check if it makes any difference I'm a couple o days time.

Thanks 

Dave 

Be a better Human!
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Morning Dave,

How has your connection been?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Dave

Is the connection still dropping?

I can see that the sync speed has dropped slightly lower since yesterday.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Dave

Great, thank you 🙂

I will check again later this afternoon and I will post back on this thread.

Debbie

0 Likes

Vader2004
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 18

Hi Debbie

Sorry for the late reply, no problem I never usually turn off the router off, I'll make sure noone else turns it off

Thanks 

Dave

Be a better Human!

Message 11 of 18

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply.

As the connection has been dropping this will affect the speed. DLM will reduce the speed to try and stabilise the connection.

Please can you keep the router powered up (without rebooting) and I will check the connection stats again tomorrow afternoon to see if the connection is remaining stable.

Once the connection is stable then DLM should start to change the profile again to increase the speed back to what you were previously receiving.

Thanks again

Debbie

0 Likes

Vader2004
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 18

Hi Debbie 

On Sunday morning it had dropped out, I did all the changing of the cables and swapped over the fiber modem, we have been away for the most of the time on Sunday afternoon and Monday, I don't think we've had any drops since then unless you can see any for yesterday, hope it will settle as the work the was being done around the corner from us has been completed, maybe if you can see what's affecting the speed as it seems to go up and down, it was stable for a long time before.

Thanks

Dave

Be a better Human!
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Dave

Thank you 🙂

The line test is clear but I can see a high number of re connections on the line.

Has the connection dropped since the other router was connected?

0 Likes

Vader2004
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

Hi Debbie/Chris

Sorry, I've updated my profile there now

Thanks

Dave

Be a better Human!

Message 15 of 18

Hi Dave

I'm unable to locate any details with the landline number in your Community Profile.

Please can you add your TalkTalk account number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Vader2004
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

Hi Keith 

That's great, thanks 

Dave

Be a better Human!

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?