cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Faulty Router

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

The previous Router gave e problems with the connection, and now even this reouter is also doing the same. 

Router states 74Mbps Down

and uploads never change at 20Mbps

Package is Fibre 65, yet my speed to an eithernet updated Windows 10 PC is just 69Mbps. 

When I first got this replacement router the sped was 74Mbps now it is as stated and 'Poor' according to the TT Speed check Connection. 

It seems there may be another Router fault, as the current reported fault states that there is a fault within my Area, so if the fault is within my Area why should I myself alone need to pay £75.00 for an Open Reach engineer to visit me>?. Fix the stuff within the cabinet there is nothing wrong with my connection just the speed it is supposed to be and the speed that I pay for.  I begin to wonder why TT Cannot reset the line Profile DLM Profile Management this can be done their end and not by an Engineer. 

Screenshot (54).png
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi BurnhamDigital45,

Line test is passing and sync speed is 74Mbps. Your speeds look OK and within the predicted range for your line

Chris

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

To be fair, the difference between 69Mbps and 74Mbps will be negligible in real life internet use. You're probably only going to notice the difference if you run a speed test.

Also, it may sound a bit pedantic but technically you don't pay for a specific speed. You pay for the Fibre65 package (at whatever the going rate is when you sign up) and get whatever speed your line is capable of delivering.

If you and I both renewed our Fibre65 contracts at the same time we would be offered the same price by the loyalty team yet I get about half the download speed and about a quarter of the upload speed you get.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

To be honest, a throughput speed of 69 on a 74 meg sync doesn't seem that bad to me? 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

If you run a speed test via My Connection (see Service Status Dashboard) does it indicate the minimum guaranteed speed, @Anonymous, or in your contract information?

You have only had this router 3 months! However there have been a few cases on here in recent months where the turnover of routers has been high.

Staff will be back on Monday, so leave the router switched on for them to do preliminary tests.

Openreach is in charge of DLM. Not TT's responsibility. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes