cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65 drops from 40mbps to 3mbps until router reboot

lockedoutagain
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 71 of 71

Since last week my speed has been degrading from a steady 40mbps to 3mbps or less (tested on wired connection). This happens over a few hours. If I reboot the router the speed comes back up. The router thinks that my speed is between 45 and 50mbps.  Any idea what might be happening? I don't think that anything has changed on my network.

0 Likes
70 REPLIES 70

Message 61 of 71

Hi lockedoutagain

This fault is still with Openreach, no additional updates at the moment.

We will continue to monitor for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 62 of 71

Hello,

No problem. I've raised this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. I'll check first thing in the morning to see if we've received an update and will post back here.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 63 of 71

Hi Michelle, if the engineer doesn't need us to be in then might as well go ahead and hand over to Openreach, thank you 🙂

0 Likes

Message 64 of 71

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've just re-run the line tests now which has detected a potential fault. Would you like us to raise this over to Openreach now or would you prefer to wait until January? This would be raised as an external line investigation.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 65 of 71

Well, it's been better for the last few days but then last night and this morning it's rained cats and dogs and we are getting slow speeds, occasional drop outs (your device is not connected to the internet). Tried running a speed test (wired connection), took a while to start then speed shown as 14Mb. Talktalk thinks the speed to the router is 38Mb as measured yesterday, used to be 50+.

lockedoutagain_0-1702981291512.png

I'm going to be away till January so let's pick it up then. Have a good Christmas and New Year everyone.

0 Likes

Message 66 of 71

Hi lockedoutagain,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would you mind posting back here the next time it rains please and I will re-run the line test. If the same fault reappears then we will log this straight over to Openreach for investigation.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 67 of 71

Hi Michelle, I'm afraid I don't have another router to test with. Today the speed has generally been better. It almost seems linked to the amount of rain we have been getting! Shall we leave it a couple of days to see if it has settled down?

0 Likes

Message 68 of 71

Hello,

Ok thanks for the update. The voice line test is now clear, however I can see that the sync speed is varying. Can I just confirm if you've recently tested with an alternative router at the test socket please as the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 69 of 71

Thanks for checking Michelle. We don't use the landline and don't have a phone to check with I'm afraid.

Last time this happened it turned out to be a problem with the copper between us and the cabinet.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 70 of 71

Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes