cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65 slow speeds even after numerous engineer visits

weston24
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

I have Fibre 65 and have had issues with the it for months now. Sometimes I have days where the connection drops a lot which really affects my work, but I also consistently have slow speeds.

In August, I was only getting 20mbps instead of my "guaranteed 49mbps". An engineer was sent out and they moved my master socket and the speed went up to around 60mbps.

That speed didn't last for long though and I continued to have issues. Last week I went through all of the checks as I was again only getting 20mbps and an engineer was sent out but didn't need to come in the house. The speeds went up to 60mbps again, before going back to 20mbps a day later.

This week I raised it again and talktalk determined that an engineer was needed to fix it without needing to come into the house. Great, surely this time the fix will help.

The speeds went up to 60mbps again, before going back to 20mbps a day later.

I am now getting around 15mbps.

I have been through every kind of check and test for months now and no solution can be found. I don't understand how I can get the speeds but they don't last.

Do I just need to move to another provider? Or could the issue be something that wouldn't be fixed by that? Hopefully a different provider would be able to find the problem more efficiently than this though.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Afternoon,

Ok thanks for letting us know. There is no issue using the test socket, it just means that the extension sockets won't work. (if you have any)

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

I'm happy to leave it as it is and monitor, if there's no issue with me using the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi again,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would you prefer to monitor the connection for a while longer at the test socket just to see how this compares?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

We don't have a phone so don't know and can't test sorry. At the moment, everything we use (just the router) is working perfectly whilst using the test socket.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Good morning,

Thank you for the update. I've re-checked the connection stats now and the line test is detecting a potential line fault. Can I just confirm, is the voice service ok with no noise on the line at the moment? As soon as we've confirmed this then we can raise this over to Openreach as a broadband fault for further investigation.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Leave it in the test socket till you hear back from staff, @weston24 (after the weekend).

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 7 of 16

I connected to the test socket and I'm now getting 50-60mbps. Does that help determine the issue?

To confirm, we don't use any other socket in the house and the only thing that needs to connect to one is the router.

An engineer moved our master socket and switched faceplates a few months ago because our speeds were low, and it fixed them for a few weeks.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi weston24

Yes of course. Please let us know once the phone, router and filter are connected to the test socket, we can then run another line test in this set up.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Sorry, yes I do, still only getting around 13mbps, but I haven't been able to look into and find the test socket yet due to work. I will do so over the weekend and update then if that's ok, thanks.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

HI weston24

Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Ok thanks. Have you tested with the router connected to the test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Chris, many thanks for looking into this. 

We don't use or landline phone or have one to test the line unfortunately.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi weston4,

Line test is picking up a potential problem. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Hi Debbie,

Thank you, I believe I have added these now.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi weston24

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes