cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65 speed drop

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Until recent my broadband speed has stayed at a steady 70mbps. Last few months this has now dropped down to 45mbps. I have contacted talk talk and line checks and tests have been done and no issues have been found.  All speed tests have been done with wired devices. Tried several routers to check connection and no difference in speeds. It really feels like talk talk is throttling my service.  I have checked with other suppliers and they confirm I should receive approx 70mbps on my line.  Other than the slow speeds my service is stable. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

I'll send you a PM for some further details.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

I fear this is the only option left.  My only concern with that is I’m told if the come out and no fault can be found I will be charged for the visit.  Talk talks own tests find no fault with the line..

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

As you have tested other routers also, and the speed is below guaranteed, then the only option is to arrange an engineer.  Would you like to progress to this now ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 11

The speed to your router is showing as below the guaranteed minimum, so I am sure that the support team will investigate further when they pick this up again. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

Hi.  I tried powering off the router for 45 minutes. After restart I returned to the talk talk speed test and the results are pretty much the same as they have been. (Picture attached).

IMG_0577.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi

all tests are clear and router is in sync at 49mb, with the DLM profile showing at 80/20, so no visible issues showing.

Try powering down the router for 30 minutes to start a new session, then try a new speed test. Try the TalkTalk speed tester, then try Sam Knows Speedtest  for comparison.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Hi.  I have completed my profile. My download speeds are still at 45mbps. This is still far below the 54mbps guaranteed speed I was given years ago when I signed up for the service and a lot below the average 70mbps I was getting before this issue began.  Line tests have come back as no line fault found and other than the speed drop my service works without issue. I’m just trying to find out why the big drop in download speeds. I have attached a picture of the speeds I’m currently receiving.

IMG_0575.png
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Morning,

Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Is the sync speed also low or just the throughput?

0 Likes