cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65

Alvwiam5
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I had the above service installed today, but I do not have any WiFi connection between the new router and my desktop. I do however have WiFi connection to my smart phone. My computer runs on Firefox and I would be grateful if anyone could provide me with some advice as to how overcome this WiFi problem.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Or try Google? I had a quick look and found what seem to be a lot of helpful pointers. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Oh dear. No idea then. Hopefully another user can help. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

My operating system is Ubuntu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Not without knowing the exact specification of your desktop. The router does make itself "known" as you say, which I presume it has done to your other devices. Which operating system are you using?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Sorry about my terminology, but I'm not highly computer literate. I have tried to to connect to my new router via settings (I had hoped that the router would automatically make itself "known", but this does not seem to be the case. Any advice as to what exact steps I need to take?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Your computer does not "run" on Firefox, that is just an internet browser. You need to check your network settings in order to connect the computer to the router. 

0 Likes