cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre150VolP - Terrible service

PeterTate
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

We opted for the fibre installation a few weeks ago and the changed our contract for the faster service, imagining it would be super-quick, stable and mean better coverage across the house.

In short, ours has been abysmal since we upgraded...!!!

So far, we have had to contact TalkTalk twice (how you are expected to use an online account when you have NO online service - I don't know!!), had a "fix" explained by their alleged expert - worked briefly. It then failed again, so the next expert told us that the first was wrong and we needed to reverse the actions recommended by agent 1...!!!

To say our broadband has been erratic since then, is an understatement. Almost daily, the system is slower, has lost connection, is unstable, will not cover the whole house (which the previous did) and has somehow affected the simple things, like pictures not showing on Facebook/others....?!? Tried altering settings etc online, but since we've had the change, it is absolutely terrible.

In a heartbeat, I would drop it and go back to the standard line without any problem.

Really, for the cost, it is farcical and I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Peter,

I've included a Help Guide below. Are you happy for us to go ahead and switch the wifi optimisation off?

Change your wireless channel - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

I'm not sure how you manually select a channel, so would need clear instructions thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Once we switch it off it stay off indefinitely, but we can switch back on at any time you like

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Hi Michelle,

If you think it will work - how long will it be off thanks?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi Peter,

Disabling wifi optimisation allows you to manually set a wifi channel which can sometimes work a bit better than allowing wifi optimisation to automatically change channels

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi Michelle,

Wouldn't that negatively affect the service, rather than enhance it?

The issue is one of connectivity through the house, which has dropped off greatly since the fibre install.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Peter,

Would you like us to try switching the wifi optimistion off to see how the wireless connection compares?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Michelle,

We run all our systems on wireless, so I assume it is that, rather than any wired aspect.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is it only the wireless which is affected? Is the connection ok if you connect wired for a short period?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi Chris, 

Sorry about the delay - Christmas and new year got in the way....!!

Here are the wall box and modem.

The service is abysmal and my children can not access the new service in their rooms (which they could on the old system). Add to the fact that our MacBook Pro struggles with connecting (it is roughly two feet from the modem) and there is some kind of issue..

Many thanks and happy new year.!20240107_130318.jpg20240107_130414.jpg

Peter

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Would you be able to post a photo of the ONT and the BT box

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Of the four lights, looking directly at the wall-mounted, internal box, occasionally, the right hand light is off. It has a tendency to flicker lightly most of the time.

The router wiring is connected through the engineers socket on our BT box too (as you first agent told me to do).

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Ok thanks. When the connection drops have you noticed if the lights change on the router and the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Hi Chris,

It's the Wifi Hub... Looks almost identical to our outgoing, old unit.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your service. Which router do you have, is it the wifi hub or an eero?

Chris

0 Likes