cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre900 eero pro 6 - low wifi speeds

GeoDou
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

Hello, I just upgraded from Fibre150 to Fibre900 and changed my vertical black router to the new eero Pro 6 that has been sent to me.

The problem that I have is that the wifi speeds next to the new eero Pro 6 are limited to 320Mbps (even though the speeds I am getting to the eero is 940Mbps).

The set up is exactly the same as previously (i.e. with my Fibre150 and the vertical black router) where I was getting the maximum wifi speeds of 150Mbps next to the router.   

Is this related to the eero Pro 6 settings or the actual router itself? 

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 27

Hi @GeoDou 

It is very difficult to predict the actual speed you will get. You are connected to the router at 1201M, but wireless has a vast amount of overheads which reduces the speed by quite a lot. What might be interesting is to start using the two Eeros together in a mesh row.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

Ah glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

GeoDou
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 27

@Michelle-TalkTalk No worries, I managed to resolve that through customer care chat. 

Thanks for you help, much appreciated 🙂

0 Likes

GeoDou
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 27

Sorry Michelle, a last one.

I just received a notification email saying that a new eero pro 6 has been ordered and will be delivered to me at a cost of £129! This is probably the result of an online customer care chat I had while trying to resolve the issue. Is this something that you can now cancel on your end, or do I have to go through the tedious procedure of the customer care chat? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Ok, no problem. I'll let our Devices Manager know now that the wireless speeds have improved following the FW update on the eero. If you need any further assistance then please let me know.

Thanks @KeithFrench  for your help too 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

My phone wifi speed is the same as previously (around 320Mbps) but as @KeithFrench  mentioned above (#10) this is related to my mobile phone probably maxing at 433Mbps anyway.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

I'm glad to hear this 🙂 Has the phone speed also increased?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Yes, it has increased to 720-740Mbps next to my router 😊

0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Thanks for confirming. Has there been any change in the laptop speed so far?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Yes I just updated to v7.3.3-2 10-15 minutes ago 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Can I just confirm, has this only just updated today as this is the most recent version of firmware?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

just had an update to v7.3.3-2, which is a bit strange since I am pretty sure that when I installed the eero pro 6 last week the version was the v7.3.3-8... if I remember right 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hi,

They have just replied and asked if you can confirm what version of firmware is currently on your eero please?

They have also asked if the speeds are slow on the laptop if you connect the laptop wired?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

Hello,

Thank you for confirming. I've passed this over to our Devices Manager and asked him to take a look. I'll post back as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 15 of 27

I have also tried with the 2nd eero pro 6 that you sent as part of the wifi mesh (i.e. using the mesh eero as a getaway and vice versa). The problem was exactly the same. 

Is there a chance of both eero pro's 6 to be faulty? 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming and thanks for your help @KeithFrench 

Would you like us to send a replacement eero to rule this out? We would also send a returns bag so that previous eero can be returned.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Hi Michelle, on my Dell laptop 420Mbps and on my Samsung mobile up to 320Mbps... These are the speeds when I am practically on top of the router

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 27

OK then, I'll ask TalkTalk to get involved. 

For TalkTalk:-

ONT powered off for full 30 mins as was the Ero Pro 6 & tested with a laptop connected directly to the ONT - all OK.

The OP has one phone that only gets a download speed from the Fibre 900/Eero Pro 6 of 320Mbps, but this is probably correct. From what information I can find online, it can probably only connect at a max rate of 433Mbps anyway. So this may not be an issue.

The customer also has a laptop that is connecting to the Eero Prop 6 at the full 1201Mbps and it would be reasonable with WiFi overheads to get a download somewhere near to 900M. However, the best is about 420Mbps when close to the Eero.

Is the Eero Pro 6 faulty?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Morning,

What speeds are you seeing if you run a speed test on a different device please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Yes, this was my first attempt to resolve the issue

0 Likes