cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

HUAWEI HUB DG8041W 2.4GHz WIFI Dies

Hiltophouse
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

Hi, I've been living with this for a long time (I did have some older posts) 

Every so often, average maybe once a week, all devices drop off 2.4GHz and are unable to connect

I can resolve by turning off 2.4GHz in advance admin and then back on again. No reboot of router needed and 5GHz can be left on.

Any ideas? I'm on firmware Version v1.06t

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Morning,

Thanks for the update. What issue are you experiencing with the Chromecast?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hiltophouse
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 2 of 19

Hi, a long time ...but I did get a  5464 router and no need for any resets of 2.4 or 5 wifi. I do have a strange Chromecast type issue since have this router in place, but for ease I create a new thread and unrelated to this one

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

No Problem 🙂

I'll check back in with you tomorrow.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi Karl, not arrived as yet. Tracking says by 27 April.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi

Has the router arrived ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hu

Sure, I'll order one now for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 7 of 19

Could we perhaps try, in the hope I get the other model to try? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi

We have the sagemcom 5364 and 5464 however we are unable to specify what model is dispatched, we only have the option to order the Wifi Hub.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Is it still the SAGEMCOM FAST 5364 ? as thats what I had a couple of years back. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi

we only have the option to supply the Sagemcom router, but some customers do use their own routers.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

The issue with Sagemcom was large file uploads locked out other network users as if didn't seem to balance bandwidth very well. 

Can Talktalk provide a different router? such as eero, as I did recontract late last year without any router upgrade. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Hiltophouse

Apologies, we can only send the Sagemcom hub now, we don't send the Huawei WIFI hub out anymore.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Apologies for the delay in responding, have been experimenting a lot. It seems that any manual channel or auto it still cuts 2.4gz wifi every now and again. To resolve I need to reboot router or trigger 2.4gz network off and on again. 

I'd rather not go to the Sagemcom as that did have a different issue with large uploads locking out most other traffic.

Are there any other options please. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Hiltophouse

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Morning,

Ok thank you for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi, thanks for the offer of Sagecom hub but I'll experiment with channels first to see it that help. I did have a Sagemcom previously but that had issues with large uploads in the any sizeable upload would almost kill download. 

The channel suggestion was interesting and worth trying and also I've never tried the Guest SSID when it stops working and that may provide some insight

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 19

Hi Hiltophouse

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send you a Sagemcom hub to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi @Hiltophouse,

Have you tried changing the channel that the router broadcasts the 2.4GHz signal on, just to see if this is Wi-Fi interference related, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are less congested.