cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Intermittent Connection - Nobody is Listening

Ginaaar7
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 35

Hi, this is my first post here and I don’t know where to begin!

Basically, I have had a red light on the internet light since Saturday morning (6th January). The connection works for a bit then every 20 minutes or so, both the broadband and internet light disappear then the internet light turns red then if you’re lucky, they all go back green again for another 20 minutes of service.

It’s now Wednesday 10th - an Openreach engineer came yesterday as TalkTalk said it was an Openreach fault and he said everything is fine on their lines, our connection is fine etc but he can see that we have been switched over to fast fibre (I think) but this current router doesn’t support that and TalkTalk have turned off the data signal to our current router.

I explained this to a tech team person yesterday who was genuinely helpful and he confirmed this was the case and my current router doesn’t support my package etc. He couldn’t process a new router since Openreach still had the job ticket open but would call me back later in the day to finish off. He didn’t call me back so I called TalkTalk again and spoke to several tech team members who are reading from an automated script and not listening to what I have to say. I’ve lost count of how many line tests they have done with ‘your connection is fine’ - yes I know that, it’s the router but you don’t listen to me 😞 

I have tried live chat and more phonecalls and I get sent round in circles and I’m genuinely exhausted with it. I’ve never had any issues with TalkTalk until now but why should I pay for a service I don’t receive and nobody is listening to my issue.

Please does anybody have some help or advice? I’ve tried calling again but was on hold for 30 minutes and the line was cut off just to top it off 😞

I would love to speak to somebody who will listen rather than give me an automated scripted response

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

I'm not suggesting that you are imagining the drop outs or making it up. With this type of issue where the customer is experiencing one thing and we are seeing something completely different it's often a crossed line.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

Hi Chris,

I can’t dial from my landline because we don’t have a landline phone.

Its fine then, I must have been imagining the dropouts between around 07:20-08:30 yesterday where it was genuinely unusable or around 9:30pm last night and they’re just specific times I remember.

I’m aware you’re only trying to help by looking at data but there’s clearly something else going on or this wouldn’t be happening. My life isn’t that boring that I need to be harassing you on here for a laugh and something to do

There’s no need to reply to this as we’re getting nowhere and I currently have an open complaint case and maybe I’ll actually get a call back today like I’ve been promised. Thanks for your previous responses though 🙂

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

I've checked another system shows real time data, 24/7, for every 15 minutes. I've checked the last 3 days and there is one spell of unavailable seconds on each day for 16-18 seconds. Yesterday there are 16 nonavailable seconds showing at around 5:45pm but that's all, the error count is also low all day.

Could you try calling 17070 from your landline and confirm that the number that's read back to you is your TalkTalk landline telephone number. Just want to check that you've not got a crossed line

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

It starts flashing orange then once it starts connecting it will go white again.

I really wouldn’t be putting myself through all this stress of trying to get it sorted and harassing you guys if there wasn’t an issue and it didn’t keep dropping.

I’m at work now so can’t comment on how it’s been this morning but between 9 and 10pm last night there was at least 3 dropouts 

DD122150-2B3E-49B8-A271-ED676C58AB07.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 5 of 35

Does the light change on the router when the connection drops? Not showing any recent disconnections in the authentication logs or line test

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

Hi Chris, thanks for responding.

when the WiFi is connected, it works just fine however it’s the constant dropouts that are the issue 🙃 it’s just literally dropped now for 3 minutes at 17:46 and now it’s back on. This morning between 8 and 8:30, it was pretty much unusable as no sooner it came back on, it was off again

0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Hi Ginaaar7,

Are you currently unable to connect to the Internet? Line test is passing, router is showing in sync at 79.8Mbps and the connection appears stable

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

For what it’s worth me even posting here, it’s now January 30th and after repeated promised call backs from my case manager (that have never happened), I’m still without a reliable and useable connection since January 6th -_-

0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

Hi Ginaaar7,

I can see that this was raised to Openreach on Saturday so hopefully it will be resolved soon

Chris

0 Likes

Ginaaar7
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 35

As you can see here, there’s clearly an issue.

This time last week, there was no issue like there hasn’t been any issues for about 7 years then as soon as Saturday morning came, something has obviously changed at TalkTalk’s end 

09A7151B-4A35-48A5-8F9E-9F272D5DD1EE.pngA4EE03DD-B676-4C03-945E-5FA7DEA091E5.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for actually listening and sending me a new router however the problem is still the same. 

Please don’t tell me there’s no issue with my service either because I’m sure you’ll be able to log in and see that the connection has dropped etc 

What are the next steps? This is now 1 week with this issue and I’m genuinely exhausted with it 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

Hi Ginaaar7,

Router was dispatched yesterday, I'll PM you the tracking number

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this

0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Looks as though it's going to be dispatched tonight but tracking number hasn't been generated yet. I'll check again in the morning

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

The tracking number won't be generated yet but I'll check later. Routers usually arrive next working day

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

Hi Debbie,

perfect, thank you for your help. 

I’ll let you know how it goes

Will you be able to provide a tracking number for the new router delivery?

Message 17 of 35

Hi Ginaaar7

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

There will be no charge for this and it doesn't require an engineer visit to install it.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

Hi Debbie,

yes I would like you to do that.

I’ll assume it’s at no charge aswell since there’s clearly a fault here? 

Also, should we just be able to plug it and and be set-up etc - it won’t require an engineer to install anything?

Message 19 of 35

Hi Ginaaar7

I can send a new router and this will include new cables and filter. Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Hi, 

We don’t have a filter.

I don’t understand how what the Openreach engineer said which correlates with what your first tech team guy said about having no data signal and the router being out of date and now this isn’t the case and there’s apparently  no issue 🤷‍♀️

0 Likes