cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Intermittent wifi

Mark1988
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I am having trouble with the wifi not connecting to quite a few devices reliably. It keeps on dropping out on several TV’s and sky boxes, it is also intermittent on mobiles as well. On the dashboard there is a long list of devices which have trouble connecting reliably. I have tried turning the router off for 1/2 hour and re-starting it, and I have also disconnected and re-connected the devices, and it still has trouble connecting reliably. Is this a router issue? I see on the website there is the new Amazon eero router, would this work any better and reliably?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Mark1988

I have posted on your other topic on the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

For the support team: OP also has another thread, just annotating that to avoid any confusion and/or duplication.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Faulty-Router/m-p/2974945 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Keith, sorry I missed your reply, I don’t think the eero router would work for me then, I have quite a big house and would have to buy a lot of units to make it work.

it is a problem with the router and not interference, I had exactly the same problem a couple of years ago, they sent a new router through and that worked for a little while, but has stopped working again now. The signal goes on everything I try and use unless I am within a couple of meters of the wifi hub. I have tried calling the talk talk support phone number, and they were very unhelpful, hopefully the people that look after it on here will be more useful.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

The Eero is sold on its own, but without purchasing extra units to create a Mesh network, the coverage is often disappointing. It is designed to be used as part of a mesh.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

Have you had TalkTalk’s Wi-Fi optimisation disabled on your Sagemcom FAST5364 router? When this is enabled, as it is by default, it has the power to override any Wi-Fi configuration changes that I might suggest that you need to make. This will not help rectify this type of problem if Wi-Fi Optimisation is allowed to change my suggested settings. Only TalkTalk can do this for you, you cannot do it yourself. If not, just request they disable this for you in your reply.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Mark1988
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

I forgot to say, I had the same issue in August 2021 and received a new router, this worked well for a while but has gone back to having the same problems again. Is there anything that can be done, or can anyone recommend a different router with better range and reliability to the TalkTalk wifi hub (it is FAST 5364-4.T8). It was replaced last time, and has gone back to having the same issue less than two years later.

0 Likes

Mark1988
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

IMG_1074.png

IMG_1073.png

0 Likes