cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Livechat Bricked my router

csmithpark
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I've been experiencing intermittent connection problems with my router for a while. It will totally drop connection (not just the wifi, the entier router appears to restart and has to reconnect)

Contacted Live Chat yesterday, the first agent was alright and went through their script, eventually said the firmware was old, and said they'd update it. This seemed to go alright, ended the chat and thought that would be it.

About 2h later the internet started dropping out again. Started another Live Chat, the 2nd agent clearly didnt read any of the notes from the 1st one. As they went through the same script, asking questions about the wifi, (which I tried to explain wasnt the problem) and eventually said they'd be "permantley fixing the issue". As I asked what they were doing, the router restarted, and got stuck in a reboot loop.

Around 40m later it was still in a reboot loop, and I'd found an ancient router from the attic. Apparently the 2nd agent had tried to update the firmware, whether realising the 1st had or hadnt, also and bricked the router, then just ended the chat session.

So now I'm stuck with a very old router (10+ years) which doesnt have a great wifi connection either.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi csmithpark

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community, 

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

csmithpark
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hello, thanks Debbie, the new router has arrived and has been setup.

Everything seems good with it so far, no random dropouts like with the previous one.

Message 3 of 6

Hi csmithpark

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi csmithpark

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

csmithpark
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Oh also just to say, resetting the router with the small hole didnt fix this either.

0 Likes