cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

My landlord is insisting my new fiber 65 cable must be moved to the previous cable route.

mrcraigdaly
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I need the openreach engineers to come back and sort out my new fibre 65 cable, as I told them it had to use the same route as the previous cable, but they did not listen, now my landlord is unhappy, and he will rip it off his building if it isn't moved. I agree with him, the cable follows no acceptable route it is all over the place, very bad work and it looks terrible. If this is not done by Friday the 23rd of June, my landlord assured me it will be removed from the building entirely.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

@mrcraigdaly what was the outcome of the issue ?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi mrcraigdaly,

How are you getting on, did you contact Openreach directly as ferguson suggested?

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Fibre cables are limited to a certain bend radius so therefore cannot always follow the route of a cable that contained lovely bendy copper.

What you and the landlord want may not be possible.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

This looks like one of those rare occasions when you should contact Openreach directly. How come they ignored your installation request, was nobody present at the time? And I would strongly caution against your landlord taking matters into their own hands, the action proposed could lead to them becoming liable. 

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/when-to-get-in-touch-with-openreach/complaints-policy

0 Likes