cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Nest cameras and smart plug say no connection to internet

kchowns
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 15

Hi!  My tp-link smart plug (model HS-100) and Nest cameras (model A0005) can no longer connect to the internet.  The last time I used them we only had a non fibre connection.  We now have Fibre 65 with a new hub (model ?, but my landline phone connects to hub) and I wonder if this is the problem?  

Could it also be that I am using a tp link powerline adapter (either models TL-PA4010 or HS100), hub to mains, to connect the above appliances to the internet and there is a compatibility issue with the new hub? Although, there were no problems before and no drop out/disconnects with the internet.

Any help welcomed!

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 15

You only have to ask!

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

I havent had a chance to follow Keith's latest instructions yet.  i may need more help as it is getting quite technical.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi kchowns

How are you getting on? Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 15

Hi Kim,

Follow the configuration areas that I mentioned in Post #8 and check if the SSID (network name) & password quoted there match the ones you are trying to connect to the router with.

Sometimes due to problems with some of these apps that control these devices, they require the two SSIDs to have different names to each other. Try adding a 5G to the end of the 5GHz band SSID. These can all be found in the same configuration area as before. Then try connecting to the network names for the 2.4GHz band.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 5 of 15

Hi Keith

I have found the hub dashboard.  What shall i do now?  Regards Kim

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 15

You are logging into your router, aren't you? If so it is here (depending if you have a Hub 1 or Hub 2):-

See WiFi SettingsSee WiFi Settings

However, you can use any of these two or three other buttons & follow though to Advanced Settings.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Keith

I went to my dashboard, but cannot find a link to "See Wi-Fi settings".  can you tell me where this link is on the dashboard?  Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

Hi @kchowns 

I can't remember much about this issue as it goes back to before Christmas. If you log into the router you should be able to see the SSID name & wireless passwords for the 2.4GHz band by going to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz gear icon > Basic

Then for the 5GHz band go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 5Ghz gear icon > Basic

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Keith

Thank you for your time and patience.  Again sorry for the delay.  The importance of resolving this issue relates to when we go on holidays and with a holiday coming up, I've remembered I need to sought this out.

The password has changed.  The long serial numbers under the the removable passwords tab have also all changed.  I thought a name followed the acronym SSID, but this does not appear against any of the three serial numbers/barcodes.  But I assume one of these is a wireless network name.

Hope this helps and will check this forum daily.

Kim

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

I am still waiting to help you, but can do nothing without the information I requested on 22/12/2023.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hello

Sorry for taking so long to reply.  I reinstalled the two apps for Kasa and Nest on my android mobile and nothing changed.  Both say there is no internet connection. Can TalkTalk please contact me to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Kim Chowns

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi kchowns

Please can you confirm the information requested in @KeithFrench last post?

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue.  Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.  

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc.  one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Hello,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Since the upgrade & new router, has the wireless network name & password changed, requiring these devices to be reconfigured to use the new router's details. Alternatively, did you reconfigure the new router to use your old router's wireless credentials? What router do you have now, I assume it is the Sagemcom Hub2 (FAST5464)? This is purely a wireless problem, nothing to do with how your landline phone connects. There shouldn't be a compatibility issue with powerline adapters.

Keith