cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Connection

KW1961
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I've moved into a house that had Talk Talk fibre before. At the moment there's just the fibre cable sticking through the wall. The router is coming by post (no engineer needed). Will I get the Optical Network Terminator included in the delivery. I am fine with technical things, just hoping I get all the bits. - Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

It was FFTP. The setup was based on them knowing the previous occupier had the same system. They didn't realise the optical network terminator had been removed. So I rang this morning to tell them. It all went pear shaped then. They couldn't set an engineer date let alone when I might get online. In the end I cancelled to save all the messing. I have got a BT contract now, with an engineer due within days plus activation. Without all the complications. Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

What service did you order?   if is FTTP (Full fibre) an engineer is always required , if its FTTC you can connect to the master socket but if there isnt one an engineer will still be required, I would recommend calling back to check.

0 Likes

KW1961
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

They told me I didn't need an engineer because the previous occupant had fibre installed. So the equipment would arrive by post, and I could just plug it in. I thought there was more to it. Thanks for the reply. I will cancel. This is not a good start.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

The ONT is fitted by the Openreach/CityFibre engineer, it is not something you can do yourself.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes