cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New Customer here, Connection keeps dropping

Neetzilla
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Since having Talk Talk installed for the first time on 11/09/23 I've had several drops in connection. I was told speeds may fluctuate whilst the line stabilizes but was never told the connection would keep dropping.
12/9/23 - 21:39pm off for 5 mins till I reset router

15/09/23 - Dropped 6 times tonight. Restarted router but keeps dropping every 10-20 mins
20:15pm
20:20pm
20:31pm
21:14pm
21:20pm

Is this normal for a new line stabilizing or is there an issue here because this is really disrupting me at home. Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

How is your fibre delivered to your property:-

1. FTTC - fibre to the cabinet & copper to the house
  2. Full Fibre - fibre direct to your house.

Assuming the former:--
1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

If you have full fibre, what is the status of the lights on the ONT when this happens?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes