cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

New HUB2 Wi-Fi 5g not working

Antonisrho
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I was recently sent a new HUB2 router after going fibre to the premises. 5G does not work at all, I renamed it to have its own SSID but it won't show as an available network to connect to. By default (same 2.4g and 5G having the same SSID name) all devices would connect to the 2.4 network which is very glitchy and unstable: Devices get no internet even though they are connected and router is connected, suddenly no device would connect to the wi-fi at all etc. My router firmware is SG4K100174. Any solution/advice is more than welcome

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Tony

That's great, I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Happy New Year to you too 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Antonisrho
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Morning Michelle, thanks for checking, yes so far so good, not sure why out of all the router restarts the last one was the only one that worked! Thanks again and have a happy new year!

Tony

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if everything is still ok?

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

So long as it is working now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Antonisrho
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for the input, I had already set this to channel 36. Odd thing is once I changed the 5G SSID then band 1 (2.4) stopped working. I changed the name back to be the same for both bands, the wifi wouldn't activate at all and then reset the router. This seems to have fixed it and I can now see all the appropriate devices connected to 5G. I had restarted the touter countless of times but this time seems to have fixed it.

Cheers,

Tony 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Often V174 can start off using a 5GHz channel higher than most devices can support. Change it to channel 36 & see how that goes. To do this go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 5Ghz gear icon > Basic

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?