cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No connection after 27 days

Kerijayne
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi, hoping to get some advice here. 

I've moved properties, took my router with me as advised. My go live date was 01/03/2024. I have no Internet still. I've had 4 engineers out, most recent was today. He told me there is no issue issue with the cables and told me that it was a configuration and compatibility issue and likely need a new router. I am being passed back and forth between talktalk and engineers like a yoyo. Talktalk are saying it's compatible and should be live, engineer is saying they have done everything they can do. I've had engineers lie and say they have visited the property when they haven't. Talktalk have lied today and said the engineer was physically outside doing external work when I confirmed with him in person that he was not and had only just turned up to my property. I've spent £100ish on additional mobile data and used up my monthly allowance. I have an open complaint and that has still got me no where. I honestly don't know what to do any more apart from contacting the ombudsman and that still won't resolve getting my connection sorted ASAP.

I have a white light on my router. When I try and sign in to the wifi it either says that I do not have permission to view the page or I get a 503/500 error code. I keep being told to await update by texts and they never come and then I have to waste my time again to chase them up for unaswers that aren't coming. It's been 27 days now and it's costing me a fortune. I have also been told by the engineer that it is down as a delay to provision when he confirmed it should be down as a repair aka I'm not going to get the compensation I'm entitled to, let alone the stress and inconvenience. The complaint manager I've been speaking to also said if they cant resolve it today (which they have not been able to) they are going to be 'forced' to cancel my order which is outrageous.  Please can someone help me as I literally don't know where to turn anymore. 

Keri
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Kerijayne,

Apologies for the delay. How are you getting on, has anyone been in contact over the last few days?

Chris

0 Likes

Kerijayne
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

@Chris-TalkTalk hiya, yes the previous tenant had internet with no issues. The engineer said there is no issues with the cables etc but it seems to be on talktalks end, and talktalk say it's open reach. 

Keri
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for that. Do you know if there was an Internet service in your home before you moved in (with the previous occupier)?

Chris

0 Likes

Kerijayne
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

@Chris-TalkTalk hi Chris! Fibre 65? 

I've just added for my address. Thanks so much for trying to help. Most recent update is I was told by a supervisor yesterday that I'd be connected at the end of yesterday and that I had to wait, but still nothing this morning. I'm seeing a 503 error message and it's saying I don't have permission to view the page when I try to sign in to the network 

Keri
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Kerijayne,

Is your new service Full Fibre (FTTP)?

Could you add your new address to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Kerijayne
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Many thanks @Gliwmaeden2 I've just updated my profile 

Keri

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

It is possible that this qualifies for compensation, @Kerijayne, once it is eventually resolved:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Staff on here will look into it during the day. Make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu..... Personal Information details. Complete these and save changes. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes