cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No internet

tortoise22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 40

Hello, I was using Asus router with g.fast modem for internet connection and the internet went down yesterday early hours. The openreach engineer who visited today couldn’t restore the connection even with talktalk router. The LED light for  internet is off on the modem and the DSL light blinks. The engineer suggested that the router is faulty which I don’t think is the case and requested for new talktalk router. Please can someone have a look and advise what could be the issue?

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

Message 1 of 40

Hi Tava#noah2K,

Could you please start your own thread/topic, and we'll be happy to take a look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Tava#noah2K
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 40

Hi, I have just ordered my broadband with talk talk and the it is asking me to connect to a modem and I don’t have one. Should I have been sent one?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 40

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 40

The engineer fixed the issue, again the problem was in the cabinet in the street. 

Thanks everyone for looking into it.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 40

Hi tortoise22,

I'm sorry to hear that the replacement modem hasn't resolved the issue. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 40

Got new TT modem today but still cant connect. I can see blue light for WAN and the broadband light switches between flashing white light and amber on the modem.  It’s been more than a week without internet and still don’t know what’s going on. I am extremely unhappy atm. Can someone please help. @Chris-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk  @Debbie-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 40

Hi tortoise22,

Sorry, the tracking number hasn't been generated yet, if you could bump the thread in the morning we can check again

Chris

Message 8 of 40

Sure, will do. could you please share the tracking number for the modem if you have access to it @Michelle-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 40

Hi tortoise,

Thanks for the update and please let us know once this arrives.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 40

My bad @Gondola I stand corrected, you learn something new every day! 

Message 11 of 40

The Help Content is correct. TalkTalk have been supplying G-fast modems since 2022 because G-fast modems are no longer available from or supported by Openreach.

I see you say that the TalkTalk G-fast modem has been ordered for you by the engineer that visited.

Fibre 150 / 250 G-fast - What equipment will I need

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

tortoise22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 40

hmm that’s odd. He told me that openreach is not suppling modems anymore and I should use the black modem from TT.

When I was searching I came across this page https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-your-Wi-Fi-Hub-for-Fibre-150-250/ta-p/2202637 

it shows TT also provides modem. Is it not compatible or for other purpose?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 40

I hesitate to raise an eyebrow again, but G.fast modems are supplied , installed and maintained by Openreach, nothing to do with TalkTalk who only supply the router. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 40

@Debbie-TalkTalk The engineer came in this morning and checked the setup. He thinks the issue is with openreach g.fast modem and he requested for a TT gfast modem as the previous engineer couldn’t establish the connection with a separate openreach gfast modem that he had. Now I have to wait for that to arrive to test the connection further. 😞

0 Likes

Message 15 of 40
0 Likes

Message 16 of 40

Thanks @Debbie-TalkTalk I will update here after the engineer visit.

Message 17 of 40

Hi tortoise22

Thanks for your reply.

We've arranged the engineer visit for 17/02 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

Message 18 of 40

Anytime is good for me. I would like to get this sorted as soon as possible @Michelle-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 40

Morning,

Thanks for trying and I'm sorry to hear this. If there is still no connection then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. If you'd like to go ahead with this then please can you confirm acceptance of possible time related engineer charges and also provide some availaibility AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we can book the next available engineer visit for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

tortoise22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 40

Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk @ferguson , just tried the test socket with microfilter but no luck. modem is showing same set of lights when it is connected to the faceplate port. And the router is flashing with white and amber lights

0 Likes