cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Not able to port forward 443 via TalkTalk Home Hub

mzukis
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

hello all, need some help please

i am trying to port forward 443 on TalkTalk WiFi Hub(Huawei DG8041W) and get the following error message - Not able to port forward as port 443 is reserved for internal system use.

Any ideas anyone?

Firmware ver - v1.05t,2017.07

TalkTalk tech support if you read this post please could assist?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi mzukis

That's great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Debbie, yes i reveived the replacement router. Tested port forward and it seems to work. If there are any further issue i will inform. Many thaks for your prompt assistance. 

Message 3 of 17

Hi mzukis

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Thats great!

Many thanks for confirming

Message 6 of 17

Hi mzukis

Yes it will be a Sagemcom WIFI hub.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

HI Debbie,

Sorry to bother you again - just to confirm, a replacement router is it a SAGECOM model?

Many thanks

Message 8 of 17

Hi mzukis

If you could return it within two weeks after receiving the new one that would be great.

Thanks again 🙂

Message 9 of 17

HI Debbie,

This is great. Many thanks. What is the ETA for returning the old router? I just want to make sure i have enough time to trial the replacement to make sure it is performing as good as the current one i have.

Message 10 of 17

HI mzukis

There is no charge for this router. I have also ordered you a pre paid returns bag for your old router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Debbie,

This is super!, but:

1. Is this chargeable

2. What should i do with the current router if replacement router resolves the issue?

Many thanks

Message 12 of 17

Hi mzukis

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi MIchelle,

Many thanks for such a prompt response, i have updated my profile now including talktalk landline number

Message 14 of 17

Hi Keith - thanks that's what i thought as i searched community forum last night and seen similar issues posted

many thanks for your help

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

No, you won't be able to forward that & some other ports on the DG8041W.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and exchange it for a different model.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?