cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Replacement fibre router

Yeovilviks
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

After going through chat on Weds night and then having it confirmed that my router was faulty I’m yet to receive a replacement. I am unable to work from home watch an tv etc and it’s now Sat pm and I’m worried about how to work from home next week. Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for a replacement router? Or how I manage to actually get hold of somebody to find out? 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Thank you. It was really bad timing that my old router broke weeks before my full fibre upgrade was due to happen. But to be left without any broadband for weeks as no working router, whilst still paying  for existing broadband has been a bad experience and hopefully won’t happen to others. Thank you for your help and for trying to sort this out 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Hi Yeovilviks

From further investigation I've been advised that the FTTP is due to go live on 02/05 AM.

Please keep the eero for when the FTTP service goes live. I have also ordered a WIFI hub so you can use your current service for now, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 17

Hi @Yeovilviks 

I am sorry but the Eero is certainly not compatible with your current fibre. TalkTalk should send you a Sagemcom 5364 or 5464, either of these will be fine. I have no idea why it's taking so long to get you one, but trust me, you are in excellent hands with @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 17

I just have a normal master socket until next week when open reach engineer is coming to fit new socket

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Yeovilviks

I'm really sorry about this. I'm just looking into this further to find out what's happened.

Can I check, have Openreach installed an ONT socket in your property or do you just have a normal master socket?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

It’s an eero so won’t work on my existing line into the house so still stuck with no broadband for another week. 

I did see your link and have a call with TalkTalk later this week. Just so frustrating to be looking at over 3 weeks without broadband now and unable to work from home, watch tv etc is pretty much unacceptable when I am still being charged full fee for this month which I hopefully will get refunded as I have no service at all 

Message 7 of 17

If it's the Sagemcom Hub2 it should work fine with the ordinary fibre too, @Yeovilviks, I believe. 

Just alerting @KeithFrench, to confirm that or otherwise. 

If it's an EERO it'll be a different ballgame. 

As mentioned before, autocompensation may well apply. Did you read the link I posted previously?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

I’ve recieved a new full fibre router for when my package upgrades in May but still no router to be able to use with my existing fibre broadband so still completely cut off from my broadband. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Yeovilviks

Can I just check, did the router arrive over the weekend?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi Yeovilviks

I'm so sorry about this.

I have escalated this to our warehouse team to see if they can get this sent out as soon as possible.

I will keep checking for additional updates.

0 Likes

Yeovilviks
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

No and I have now submitted a complaint as agents on chat are saying that there is not one on order so have had no broadband now for over a week now. Just hoping something can be sorted and I can can get my money back for this months contract as have no service 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17
0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

If it's classed as a total loss of service you will get an automatic compensation payment:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Read the whole article for details and examples, @Yeovilviks.

0 Likes

Yeovilviks
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 17

Does it normally take this long (almost a week) with no service at all to get a new router? Am I able to have a refund on my bill as clearly not able to use the service i’m paying for? 

thanks Vikki

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi Yeovilviks

Sorry for the delay.

I've checked and I can see a router order has been placed and you should receive this within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

It would be unlikely to be processed before Thursday, @Yeovilviks - I understand that Chat support etc suggest several days, though when ordered by staff on here they usually come in a couple of days. 

No staff on here before Monday.