cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Request to disable Wi-Fi Optimisation.

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Since I have been using my new Hub 2 Router, I have had a problem where some devices lose their connection randomly.

My neighbour (also with a TT Hub 2 Router) also had this problem and it was solved by disabling his Wi-Fi Optimisation.

Please could you disable Wi-Fi Optimisation – on my Hub 2 Router – for me, also, and advise when it has been carried out.

Thanks, in anticipation,

JimS28
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 20

Hi Debbie/Max.

It's now a long way beyond the 2pm-4pm agreed call time, and neither my landline or mobile has 'rang'.

A bit of a pity really as this was a planned call time and I could have been doing other things, rather than sitting around waiting!

Can we - mainly you - not just cut to the chace and 'Disable Wi-Fi Optimisation' as this curred the issue my neighbour had - and it seems to have resolved the issue for may other TT customers, please?  It would sve your time and mine, I believe.

Or, do we now have to arrange for me to do another, 'sit and wait'?

Jim

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi JimS28

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 20

Many thanks for your assistance, Debbie.

I look forward to my discussions with Max, tomorrow.

JimS28

JimS28

Message 4 of 20

Hi @JimS28 

Max from our faults escalation team has advised that they will contact you tomorrow between 2pm - 4pm.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi JimS28

Thanks for your reply.

I will contact the team for you now and let them know when you will be available.

0 Likes

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 20

Hi Debbie.

no contact as yet - other than an email, which I have not answered - as I have not been available.

However, I will be available tomorrow PM, between 1330hrs and 1700hrs.  How do I contact the ‘Team’ - or could you do so on my behalf - and let me know if this is convenient for them?

Thanks, in advance,

JimS28

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi @JimS28 

Have our faults escalation team made contact with you?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi Jim

When would you be available for the team to contact you to discuss this further?

0 Likes

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 20

Hi Debbie.

Should your team wish to contact me I wll, unfortunate;y, be unavailable for a few days.

However, for your information, I have 'split' my SSID's and set Channels 1 and 44, but it appears to have made little difference - for example, the Alexa drops out quite frequetly (still) and 1 of our iPhones (iPhone13) quite often does not show a W-Fi connection, but works well at other times.  I live in an area where there is very litlle W-Fi congesion and I am thinking maybe the Router is overiding my set channels to channels my devices cannot see.

Hope this additional information is of some value, and I look forward to having conformation of the completed Disable Wi-Fi Opimisaion request.

Jim

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Jim

Our faults escalations team are now investigating this issue and they may contact you directly to discuss this further.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi Jim

I'm really sorry for the delays.

I've chased again this morning for an update.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi Debbie.

Any news/feedback for me on this subject, please?

Thanks,

Jim

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi JimS28

Yes but our Devices Team just want to take a look to see what is causing this issue first.

I will let you know as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Debbie.

Does this mean that my request - to have Wi-Fi Optimisation disabled - will be carried out?

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi JimS28

Thanks for your reply.

I've asked our Devices Team to take a look at this now and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi Debbie.

I have added my TT Landline number into my ‘Profile’, so hopefully my request – to have Wi-Fi Optimisation disabled – will now be carried out.

Many Thanks.

JimS28
0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi JimS28

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then locate your line details and ask our Devices Team to take a look at this for you.

0 Likes

JimS28
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

Hi Debbie.

Thank you for your prompt response.  Much appreciated.

However, I have switched off and switched on, my Router many times – and the issue still continues.

I would be most grateful if – as I asked previously – you could arrange to disable Wi-Fi Optimisation on my Router, please.

This is something you have done for others (like my neighbour, and others on the community) and it does appear to be of benefit.

I look forward to hearing back from you, to confirm that my request has been carried out.

Thanks.

JimS28
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi JimS28

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you tried rebooting the router?

0 Likes