cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router flashing orange light

dencole01
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

Hi. Since last Thursday my router has been flashing orange. I've tried an older router, still flashes. I've tried new cables, still flashes. I spoke with talktalk via chat, jumped through all the hoops. Finally settled on they will send someone out and it will possibly cost me £75. I told them not right now. But now I need an engineer to come out asap please. Thank you.

Take it as it comes
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Dennis

If you’re eligible for automatic compensation, we’ll let you know via email or an SMS. Compensation will be credited to your account within 30 days of a fault being resolved.

Once the team have investigated then they will let you know by email or text within 30 days.

0 Likes

dencole01
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Hi Debbie

I took a look at the link about compensation you provided. It says they will notify the person (me in this case) via email or sms automatically if you are due compensation.  I have not been notified of any compentation coming my way.  Will be greatful if you could look in to this for me.

Regards

Dennis

Take it as it comes
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi dencole01

I'm so glad to hear that everything is working ok.

Further information on our compensation policy can be found here About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

dencole01
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

Hi Debbie.

Yes received yesterday. All working fine. Thank you for your help.

Now just need to look in to compensation as I had no internet for 2 weeks. Thanks for the link.

Take it as it comes
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17
0 Likes

Message 6 of 17
0 Likes

dencole01
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

Hi Debbie.

Many thanks. Will let you know if it works out.

Take it as it comes

Message 8 of 17

Hi dencole01

Apologies for this. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

dencole01
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

Hi. An engineer came round on Friday afternoon, however he couldn't resolve the issue as he said it was the router that is at fault and to ask you to send out a new one to me. So please send out a new router to me asap. Many thanks.

Take it as it comes
0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi dencole01

Thank you. 

Further information on our compensation policy can be found here About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

dencole01
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

Hi Debbie. Many thanks, I'll make sure I'm home by 1pm on Friday 22 march.

Will I get some sort of rebate on my monthly bill as compensation for having no service for just over a week (assuming the issue is fixed on Friday)?

Take it as it comes

Message 12 of 17

Hi dencole01

Thanks for your reply.

Apologies, there were no Saturday appointments available so I have booked the engineer visit for 22/03 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

dencole01
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

Hi. PM any Friday will be good. But I'll have to book time off work so will have to know when asap as I need to give few days notice. Unless you can arrange for any Saturday AM.

Take it as it comes

Message 14 of 17

Hi dencole01

Thanks for your reply.

I will arrange the engineer visit. Can I book the first available appointment AM or PM? Or are there certain dates/times you can't do?

0 Likes

dencole01
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Hi Debbie. I have tried swapping cables, filters and router when I was on chat with talktalk, it still did the same. Please send an engineer asap as I've been without internet since Thursday 14 march 2024. My computer no longer getting updates, cannot use Alexa etc.

Take it as it comes
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi dencole01

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear but I can see that the line is not in sync.

When you tested with the other router and cables, was this connected directly at the test socket?

In regards to potential engineer charges, if the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges will be applied.

We only ask that you test with a different router, cable and filter at the test socket to rule out any issues with your equipment or internal wiring before arranging an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes