cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router keeps changing channels

raybell
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi

I see this is a common issue which requires Talktalk staff to remotely change a setting. I was sent a new router (a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K100136) recently to replace an aging HG633 which was clearly on its way out. The new router is better in many ways and has maintained a good wifi speed however it will not stay on the channels I set it to, both on 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. I have looked at signal strengths both near the router and at the locations where my other devices typically are used. In all cases there appear to be significant signal strengths from other nearby routers on the channels which my router has set itself to.

So can I please request the auto optimisation to be switched off for my router so I can manually select a good pair of channels. 

It seems to me that the router has no way to measure signal strengths at the locations of other devices to perform a sensible optimisation, does it perhaps use error rates, otherwise the entire principle is seriously flawed and should perhaps be abandoned.

Thanks

Ray

Ray
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how the connection has been over the last week?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

raybell
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the quick response Karl.

Ray

Ray
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

Optimisation is now off for your router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes