FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router keeps switching back to channel 1

Russ_Mason
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Channel 1 is very congested and I need to change the router to a less congested channel as my smart boiler keeps dropping out.  When I change the channel, it switches back to channel 1 after a few minutes automatically.  Please could the auto default be removed.

Thank you

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks I'll do that.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

@jet70 

The OP's problem should have been solved, so kindly start your own topic if you require support.

Piggybacking on old threads is not the way it works here.

Thanks.

jet70
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 7

Could somebody please help me with this. I have the exact same problem. I need the router to honour the Channel I have selected.

Thank you

Stephen

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Russ

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I have arranged for the Wi-Fi optimisation technology to be switched off on your line. Please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Russ_Mason
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Hopefully my profile has all necessary data now to be able to address the WiFi channel issue.  I'd like to be able to change the channel on both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz to a less congested channel.  Both keep reverting to channel 1 and channel 48 respectively.  Thanks if you can tweak this your end.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi Russ

Apologies for this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes