cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Sagem Fast 5364 Unable to access Advanced Settings

JPGallagher
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Good Morning, 

I'm having an issue trying to access the advanced settings on my router, I can login to the main UI but when I try to access the advanced settings it kicks me back out to the login page. I've tried resetting the router to factory settings and still getting the same issue.

Its currently running Firmware version SG4K100174, is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

JP Gallagher
Apple Fanboy / Tech Guy
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi JPGallagher

Thank you. We've fed this back to our Devices Team and I will let you know as soon as they come back to me.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

OK thanks, I'll pass this over to our Product Team

Chris

Message 3 of 25

Hi Debbie,

yes, I can confirm I’ve tried clearing the browser cache and refreshing the page. I’ve tried on 3 different devices, windows pc, MacBook Pro and iPad, and unfortunately they all give the same result.

JP Gallagher
Apple Fanboy / Tech Guy

Message 4 of 25

As previous, regardless of desktop or ipad or phone it boots you back to login once you get in and select anything. Have cleared cache etc. Finally created a win10 virtual machine and using edge browser logged in and after an hour of being kicked out finally managed to turn on the wifi - yup just to slide that on screen switch to on took an hour because it slid the switch but didn’t actually do anything. Constant screen action and router rebooting finally got a simple action to take place. Took many more hours just to delete the Dns data to default. It shouldn’t be this way, but had been for six months since the forced firmware 174 was installed 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

HI @JPGallagher 

Apologies, the team have asked some more questions (below)

Has the customer done a page reload ctrl-F5 and if still not working, deleting browser cache?
Does it work from another client device/browser?

Are you able to try the Router UI on a different device (tablet/smartphone etc) as well?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

HI @JPGallagher 

Sorry for the delay.

Our Devices Team have asked the following:

Can we get some screenshots from the customer’s UI? 

What happens when they click on this link within the UI? Have they tried a different browser?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi @JPGallagher 

Thanks for confirming and apologies for this.

I'm just speaking to our Devices Team about this and I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk,

The reset of the router hasn't fixed the issue unfortunately.

JP Gallagher
Apple Fanboy / Tech Guy
0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi JPGallagher

Apologies for this. I will pass this onto our Devices Team.

How are you getting on following the reset of the router?

Thanks @KeithFrench 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 25

Equally, though @JPGallagher if it was the firmware, then why is it affecting so few people? That is why I have already escalated it to TalkTalk to pass on to their Devices Team.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Hi Keith, yes I’m thinking that may be the case, although the original router that the problem was with was over 3 years old, so the chances of it being the same batch are minimal. 

I’m going to try a reset on the new router now I’m home and see if that helps, but I think it’s the firmware itself at fault. I’ll report back on this thread once done. 

JP Gallagher
Apple Fanboy / Tech Guy
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 25

Hi @JPGallagher @UsernameNotAvailable 

Yours are the first cases of this particular problem that I have seen. Sure there are issues with the UI currently, but these are mainly in two areas:-

1. The UI intermittently freezes anywhere within the router's management system. The only way around this is to click on the logout button, which always seems to work and then log back in.
  2. Issues with port forwarding with "Invalid IP address" errors & pPF simply not working on any subnet other than the default one. This only affects V3 hardware which you both have. I have never seen these issues on my one which is for some reason V4.

I regularly help different people with all sorts of issues (not necessarily relayed to the router) with the 5364 every day. I ask most of them to check things that can only be accessed via Advanced Settings. V4 hardware is very rare currently, so the vast majority of these will be V3. Plus they are most likely all on V174 firmware by now.

Obviously, you both have the same problem and it needs resolving. Perhaps @UsernameNotAvailable yours may have been caused by a dodgy update process to just your router? Have you got an open thread for this, if not please create one, otherwise nothing will happen with your router. I would guess with @JPGallagher as yours has been replaced, it is probably not that issue, as it now affects two routers. Possibly a bad batch somewhere?

I will raise this with TalkTalk's Devices team now for you, although they will not see this until Tuesday at the earliest.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 13 of 25

Hi Keith, it’s a V3 that I’ve received. The same as the original that it replaced

JP Gallagher
Apple Fanboy / Tech Guy
0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Obviously cannot access the about page on the router, but sticker on outside says Device Ver.: FAST 5364-3.T8

I assume maybe v3?

it was fine until around October/ November 23 when a forced update by TT bricked it. Saw plenty complain and allegedly TT were going to fix when next update rolls out and not before. But six months and no fix? Pretty bad as you cannot even roll back to last version because TT won’t let you download the firmware that they force into your router without testing/asking permission. Not v professional imho, at least reverse it until you’ve fixed the flaky update? Ours is not to reason why….

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 25

Hi @JPGallagher 

What hardware revision is it, I don't have this problem & mine is V4.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

Have had this problem for months, can access login and then get booted back to login when you try to get into any settings. Doesn’t matter whether it’s a tablet or desktop, or browser type. Firmware version SG4K100174 SAGEM FAST 5364. Lots of people reporting this issue and it was down to dodgy firmware that TT are in no rush to rectify, been as 6 months have elapsed. So are they now swapping out routers, if it’s firmware that you cannot flash back to last working version how will that help? 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi! Sorry to be a pest, I’ve received the replacement router today and set it up, and I’m getting the same issue. When I try to go to Advanced settings it takes me back to the login screen again. 

JP Gallagher
Apple Fanboy / Tech Guy
0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Hi JPGallagher

No problem 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Thank you for the swift response Debbie. Much appreciated

JP Gallagher
Apple Fanboy / Tech Guy

Message 20 of 25

Hi JPGallagher

Apologies for this.

I've ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for your current one.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie