cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Serious Wifi Connection Problems

ProfessorPolygon
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Hi,

I have m joined TalkTalk last year and everything was fine with the WiFi Black Hub (DG8041W) router.

My fibre wall socket was in my kitchen which meant the wireless signal was OK for the whole house apart from the top floors which it struggled with. 

I received the offer last year to get a new fttp line put in but to keep the same speed so figured I'd do it since in the future I might want faster. I was told I'd be able to get it installed in the kitchen over the phone when I explained my requirements since its the best location for it in our house. 

On the day the engineer said it was best to put it in the study which was at the front of the house. He said the WiFi would be fine from there. Since then the WiFi doesn't reach half the house. My Samsung £1500 smart TV is constantly losing connection so watching netflix, amazon TV or YouTube is impossible half the time. I have a young boy who can't watch YouTube kids now either most the time so it's quite frustrating to say the least.

I have to change WiFi channels checking the WiFi analyser app on a near day to day basis and even then when I set to a non busy channel I'm getting buffering issues and pixelated playback like I'm back in 2005. Also my gaming has become near impossible on the top floor. Before it was playable but now I'm getting signal drops and poor speeds. I've tried multiple WiFi adapters. 

I even pull the router closer in the study off the shelf it's on and have it stretched across the room which doesn't really improve things. Unfortunately I dont have the old fibre wall socket as I redecorated my kitchen so got rid of the needless wall connections. 

I hear there's another router you offer, a Sagemcom I think the regular hub not the black hub, which I would like to test for improvements. I feel at the very least this is what you should offer since the current router just isn't capable anymore.

It's been going on for months and I've literally tried everything so I don't really need troubleshooting anymore. I'm lost. If there's another router I can try then great but if not I'd like to be compensated for purchasing a third party router which better WiFi coverage.

I look forward to your response. 

Kind regards 

Jay

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20