cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TP-Link

TonyWhite
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Good morning,

I wonder whether I could have your help with the following:

I recently had  full fibre and a new router installed  but for reasons of convenience it is now situated further from my computer, TV and the other appliances I use. I consequently purchased 2 TP-Link range extenders. These have successfully been linked to the router using the WPS button but when I try to link my appliances to the extenders using the router's network name followed by _EXT and enter the router's password as per the TP-Link instructions I am unable to get a connection to the extenders.

Is there anything I could do to resolve this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Tony White.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Please login to these TP-Link units  - see below (model numbers will help) and double-check that the SSID (network name) & password are what you expect them to be.

When you try to connect, do you get any error messages & if so please can you provide exact details of them?

The following is from an RE705X, but hopefully, this will be the same on your TP-Link

http://www.tplinkrepeater.net 

or its IP address (log into the router to find this out).

and log in with your TP-Link ID or the password you set for the extender.

Go to Settings > System Tools > System Log.
Then save the system log locally on a PC:-

1. Please do not filter the log in any way.
  2. Click Save Log to save the system logs to a local disk.

Once you have it, find the approximate date & time in there that you were trying to connect these devices and then please paste it into a PM it to me (to protect your privacy) and I will see if this gives any clues

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?