cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Talk Talk have lied

SimonAston
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Really disappointed to have to post this. Very long story short, but I was mis-sold on my doorstep by Talk Talk sellers, and I placed and then cancelled an order within 24 hours as a result of this a few weeks ago. I was given repeated assurances in writing that I would not have my internet attempt to switch over to Talk Talk from my current supplier today, 01 June, and I've woken up to find I have no internet connection this morning.

I write this post to advise anybody thinking of joining Talk Talk after a visit from a door-to-door salesman, not to do it. If you ever get a visit, I'm afraid you can't believe what they tell you. You also can't believe what they tell you over the webchat, or over the phone.

I will be writing to the financial ombudsman.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi SimonAston

The complaint has been picked up and assigned to a manager, so I will need to let them deal with this, I can see our service is cancelling on the 8th, the complaint manager will keep you updated. 

Hope you get the resolution you want. 

Really sorry for the problems caused. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Order ref FTTP_100469271.

More contact on the phone today. I've eventually been promised that my order will actually be cancelled today and I will receive email confirmation of this. If I haven't received that by 1500, I've told them I'm calling again, and if I don't receive it immediately over the phone I will be formally requesting a deadlock letter. The call handler agreed to this and confirmed it several times. I've also advised your CEO of all of this by email, and I have received a text message stating that I will be contacted by a member of the CEO's office to resolve this. I suggest they do that before 1500.

I advised my current ISP that I did not want to switch, indeed they blocked the switch and have confirmed that to me several times, but TalkTalk went ahead and did it anyway, so I have two competing service providers serving my property meaning neither of them work.

Separately I have been promised a call back at 1600 today and / or 1100 tomorrow by a manager in the order management department regarding escalating to OpenReach the disconnection of the TalkTalk service into my property.

I will update my community profile as you request.

Thank you for engaging.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Can you give me the order reference, Your current provider should have informed you of a impending switch and they could have stopped it.  Can you add any account information to your community profile. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Cheers - realised this after I'd posted it yesterday. I've raised several formal complaints but they aren't resolving it. I'll be writing to the CEO's office today to request a deadlock letter as they just aren't doing anything to get it resolved despite two and a half weeks of effort from me.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

I have, and the problem is with Talk Talk. I was mis-sold two and a half weeks ago, cancelled within 24 hours, but Talk Talk never actually processed my cancellation despite telling me several times that they had. So yesterday, they started providing me with broadband I don't want, which is blocking the BT connection I do want. 

Try as I might, I cannot get Talk Talk, any of your customer service departments, to escalate this to the point where you stop sending me broadband I do not want, and actually process my cancellation.

Yesterday I received an email telling me I need to make sure I pay my first bill or I'll be charged a £12 administrative fee.

I was promised a callback this morning by your loyalty team in Salford - I have had no call this morning. So I'm back on the phone explaining it all to the 15th person.

It's staggeringly poor.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi 

Sorry for the problems, have you spoke to your other provider? 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

The Financial Ombudsman will have no interest in your situation.

Make a formal complaint to your previous ISP or TT and if no resolution take it to the appropriate arbitration service, in the case of TT it is is CISAS/CEDR.

0 Likes