cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TalkTalk eero support

McDowell
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I can find no credible way of telling TalkTalk that I appear to have solved my eero problem myself.

Here are the call references:

REP-12473920, 'in progress'...but concluded with the chat line going dead

REP-12510682, listed as 'closed' or 'action needed' (it varies) and 'we are working on it', but the phone line went dead

REP-12509995, 'in progress'...but concluded with the phone line going dead

REP-12509991, 'in progress'...ditto

The first of the above took an entire morning via chat. We eventually arrived at a conclusion and I was about to order the hardware suggested when the line went dead.

The latter 3 calls to TalkTalk support - relating to a non responsive gateway eero, took a combined total of 3 hours. Each successive call was an arduous re-invention of the same discussion. By the end of the last one I had broken a record - after just 30 minutes I was put through to the eero technical team who even said hello...before the line went dead!

I have 2 TalkTalk eeros. Provided by TalkTalk as part of the trial a couple of years ago. On the morning of 14 February we had no internet and the eeros had red lights. At 4:06am that morning our gateway eero went down.

I should stress that pretty well everyone I spoke with - and there were many - were courteous and trying to help. It seems it's not the people, but TalkTalk systems that prevent resolution, of what you might have thought was a pretty simple request for service to be resumed.

Ask yourselves - why would I attempt a 'chat' or a phone call again? 

So, I set about trying my own solution, based upon the only two bits of information I had gleaned from this process. That is, that my line was presumably OK, since the Helpdesk focus shifted to the router; and second that an eero has a reset button on the bottom.

I disconnected the gateway router and replaced it with the other eero. Success, I had internet!

I powered up what had been the gateway router, now placed where the secondary router had been, but it failed to link to the network (add eero process). I reset this eero, reapplied the add eero process and it linked.

So, I am back to normal service and in a very odd way it is thanks to the support service - who 'confirmed' my line was ok and told me about the reset button. It took me 30 minutes once I had thought to try it.

But there are important questions:

1) why is there no practical way to report this success back to the teams who are 'in progress' with my problem?

2) seriously, why had I been left with NO SERVICE?

3) is my solution likely to last, or is it a fluke that will fail at some point?

4) why did my gateway router fail in the first place?

5) why couldn't I get to appropriate help during a 3 hour contact?

6) why would anyone accept this level of support?

7) given that your records will show you that I still have no internet, why has no one contacted me with a solution?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

IanMcDowell
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Thank you Michelle. Invariably the support staff I had the pleasure of talking to for 6 hours were helpful.

The fact remains that I spent 6 hours and gained no effective solution. It took a minimum of 30 minutes to even speak with someone who may be able to help.

I don’t know if my network is working properly. It appears to be, but the new kit that caused me to start this whole discussion is since behaving inconsistently. The supplier is, like TalkTalk, uncommunicative.

I didn’t ask those 7 questions out of bloody mindedness. I was left with a non-working internet and only my own efforts to restore it.

I am actively seeking an alternative network provider, though non have a great reputation. To be fair to TalkTalk you have usually handled issues pretty well in the end. But this is beyond the pail.

0 Likes

MajorBash67
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Glad to see that you resolved the issue yourself. Sounds like your router failed for whatever unknown reason, and the support engineers offered you a replacement unit to order ( but not actually ordered). If the first trial router is working and only a couple of years old, I don't see why this would not continue working successfully. I guess someone from Talk Talk will see your post eventually and see this issue as sorted.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear this. Is your connection still ok at the moment?

Thanks