cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Talktalk transmitter shoeing red house symbol

Andybaz
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi all, for some reason, the dread net stoped working and our TRANSMITTER is now showing the Powerline RED house  instead of a green house etc ...

The TRANSMITTER is currently in Extension lead then Ethernet to the MODEM base unit, and is showing the middle HOUSE symbol powerline as RED. Has been setup like this 5years, no problems, but now failed.

Tomorrow we will run direct from wall mains to see if makes a difference, wandering if anyone else has had same issue, the flatscreen tv settings says we are connected,enjoy etc ... but no internet, says check connection.

Mobile phones & tablets work wifi no problem, but tv wont, we think the RED HOUSE symbol is our issue to sort ...

Appreaite any comments folks 😁

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Andy,

Just checking back in to see if you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

One unit cannot communicate with the other over the electrical system. Either unit could be faulty or there is a problem with your mains wiring. To try & prove this, what happens if you have the two side by side in a double wall socket?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes