cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Tlak Talk Intermittant Internet Connection

ShahAA
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Hi,

I'm on Fibre 65 with max Speed vrying between 40-46 Mbs.

I have had a new talk talk router sent a month or so back (thank you).  It seems i get intermittant disconnection from my devices and the router. Also extremely slow speeds sometimes of less than 1Mbps. When i do speed tests etc it can sometimes pick up later. It never used to be like this before.

I am unsure if the router is disconnecting me or if the Talktalk connection is at fault. When i do  a connect test it says there are intermittant drops in my connection and to chat to talktalk. However the chat box opens but no one seems to answer! 

I have changed WIFI channels. Made sure only a select few devices are connected. It seems this disconnect affects all devices and i think at the same time. This makes me think is the router faulty or the connection to talktalk?

Any advice? 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi

Please do return the other router as soon as you are able.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Yes, i have the bags and once i know things are improved in a weeks time i shall send the old router back. Thanks once again. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi Shah

Thanks for letting us know.

Did you receive a pre paid returns bag in the box the new router arrived in?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi Debbie, received it on Tuesday. Just set it up today.

I will see how it goes. It seems i can access the itnernet and all is working, but hoping i dont get dropped connections and bootouts (Seems the router kicks everyone off) like the last one. If its all ok, I will let you know, but will need about a week to test stability. If its all fine, let me know how to send the old router. thanks. 

Shah 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi ShahAA

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi ShahAA

No problem 🙂

I will check in again with you next week to see how the connection is with the new router.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Thank you. 

Message 8 of 19

Hi ShahAA

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

In regards to the router channels, I just wanted to check if the connection was stable until the channel changed again?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

That would be great.

Can i ask, you asked me about the channels resetting. what significance does that play..?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi ShahAA

Would you like me to send a new router for testing so we can rule this out?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi Debbie,

Yes, it seems the connection defaults to 6 on 2.4g and defaults on the on 5g as well. BUT i dont think this is the reason this is happening because even when defaulted it still kicks me off and my device has to reconnect. If it was only one device i would understand but it seems its my home PC and other phones in the house as well.  

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi ShahAA

Thanks for the additional information.

When the connection next drops, could you check to see if the wifi channel has changed back?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi Debbie,

So i have rebooted the router. This can occur intermittantly through the day, a sudden drop in my device connecting to the router. Sometimes my deveice will then find hte router nad reconnect automatically. Its as if the router deced to kick us all off the network!

The wifi channels stay (i think)

its owrking perfectly fine now but intermitantly will kick us all out. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi ShahAA

Thanks for the additional information.

Can I just check, when this issue happens do you reboot the router? Or have you tried rebooting the router and retesting again?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Hi,

Router details:

SAGEMCOM

Devicer version FAST 5364 3.T8

Channels saty when changed. 

I notice that when it disconnects, all my devices are disconeected. This leas me to beleive there is a issue with the router and not the internet, as if it was the internet then it would say internet down and not disconnect from the router.

The router is located in the same area as my previous router. When i bought a temporary rotuer from the shops, i did not have this disconnection issues. We dont have multiple devices connected in one go either. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 19

Hi ShahAA

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test and this is clear - No faults detected.

The connection also appears to be stable, no drops are showing.

Which router do you have? (make and model) When you change the channels, do they stay on your chosen channel or change back again?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

@Teehee 

It is best if you start your own topic so that the support team can look at your issue individually.

Teehee
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

Hi ShahAA I have been having the same problem I am on fibre150 and the same thing  is going on with my fibre ca not get any satisfaction at all is it a sagem router you have 

0 Likes