cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Unblock Port On Router : 27015

Message 18 of 18

After a lengthy conversation with Talk Talk Tech support i was informed that my router had the port 27015 blocked for security reasons. I was directed here in order to get it unblocked. If anyone can assist, I would most appreciate it.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 18

That is not telling me anything at all, all it shows is the name of this game & a couple of tick boxes. I cannot tell from that what is ticked or the ports that you have entered.

I have just tested this now with a UDP packet to port 27015, & although I use a different way to test UDP packets, this also worked first time.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Yes, I have.

HaydenLMartin_0-1714474924231.png

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 18

OK so it looks as if it only supports UDP, portchecker will always report closed in that case. Have you allowed this port through the Windows firewall (not the one on the router) in an inbound direction?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

HaydenLMartin_0-1714473971832.png

NVMP Console Output.

HaydenLMartin_1-1714474161213.png

CMD Output regarding por 27015

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 18

OK, thanks for that. Please can you go to a command prompt on the PC & enter this command when this game is running:-

netstat -a | find "27015"

Then paste the output in your reply.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

It's a windows PC, yes.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 18

Well as I said that was rubbish what you were told.

UDP is not compatible with any port checking website & will always report as closed. Is this device a games console or running on a PC, if so is this a Windows PC?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

HaydenLMartin_0-1714472246739.png

Port checker registers the port as closed. I have tested both TCP and UDP ports over the course of two days, prior to speaking to tech support.

Tech support ran a line test and informed me that these ports on my router are blocked for secuirity purposes. When I asked if they could unblock them, they said no, but told me a member of the Back Office Team on the community section here could.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 18

What was the result though via portchecker & were you testing as UDP or TCP?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

I'm running a Fallout New Vegs Multiplayer instance that is listening on Port 27015. Additionally I'm using Portchecker.co. People outside of localhost can't connect to the multiplayer instance and Portchecker registers every port I've tried to open as closed.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 18

That is fine, exactly how are you testing this?

What sort of device are you forwarding it to?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

HaydenLMartin_0-1714471565006.png

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 18

Sorry, but that is rubbish advice. I have just forwarded TCP port 27015 to my PC & it worked first time. Please can you add a screenshot of your port forwarding rule, so that I can check it for you?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

I have already configured port forwarding in my router. After an extensive conversation with a Talk Talk Technical Support member I was informed that port forwarding for certain ports was blocked for security purposes. So far, every port I've tried to port forward has remained closed.
I utilise the TCP - UDP Hybrid setting.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 18

Then you need to configure port forwarding in your router. I can help a lot with this, but I need to know is this port TCP or UDP?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Sagemcom Router, Internet To Device.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

What make/model of router do you have. In which direction is it blocked? Device to internet or internet to device?

Keith

0 Likes