cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Uplink speed has fallen

graemew
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

My upload speed dropped from 0.6 Mb/s to 0.3 Mb/s recently. I cannot use this service for Zoom and Teams! There are also times when ping tests to DNS result in times excceding 2 seconds and packets are dropped. Download is reasonable at 10 Mb/s - still way below what I am paying for on Fibre35.

I have reset/powered down router for 20 mins, it is plugged into master socket - no change.

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

graemew
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 20

I now have a new TalkTalk router - first line of attack from Tech Support.

After 3 hours Speetest is 5.45 Mb/s down and 0.34 Mb/s up - still very poor. I will leave it on for 72 hours to see if DLM changes and report again.

Speedtest 03-11-23-1400.png

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi graemew

Apologies for the delay.

I've sent you a Private Message.

Thanks

0 Likes

graemew
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 20

Any update on engineer visit please?

See attached speed check just now 😞

202310301318.png

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi graemew

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

graemew
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 20

I think an Openreach visit would be good. If it drops any further it will be unuseable!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

DLM changed your profile on the 14th and the 16th but this doesn't seem to have resulted in much of a speed increase. Openreach don't guarantee upstream speeds but we can arrange an engineer visit as the connection appears to be unstable. If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

graemew
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 20

My router has been online for over 4 days, no DLM change. I've attached latest speedtest, as you can see the uplink is very poor.

I have recently had to resort to 3G phone hotspot for Teams interviews and that has incurred extra expense to buy more data. Not happy!

1315171023_speedtest.png
0 Likes

Message 8 of 20
0 Likes

graemew
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 20

Will do.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Fibre could be a real game changer for you. Do you get 4g in your area? I would expect a phone to get MUCH more than 0.3Mbs upload. My external route can even use a 4g as its internet source - ok if you are not abusing the net.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

HI graemew

Please can you keep this router connected at the test socket for the next 48-72hrs without rebooting, to see if DLM makes any changes to the line profile/speed in this set up?

0 Likes

graemew
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 20

No need, I have a spare router which I will test with again later. Openreach came some years ago and confirmed we could not get more than 0.6 Mb/s uplink. Nothing has changed recently in my internal setup but something has degraded my external link.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi graemew

Thanks for confirming this. 

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing to see if the speed starts to increase?

0 Likes

graemew
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 20

Yes - router was in test socket with splitter.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Have you tried connecting the router to the test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

graemew
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 20

Just the master socket, connection to router and Dect phone. I did testing without phone, wifi disabled, only laptop via ethernet so as basic as could be.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

OK thanks. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router and one telephone?

Chris

0 Likes

graemew
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi Chris

Line is quiet. Speedtest by Ookla shows 9.49 down and 0.48 up. Only a slight improvement but not as good as it was about 4 months ago. About that time, Openreach started putting fibre cables into the village, about half way between the cabinet and my property, maybe a joint has been disturbed - we are all on overhead feeds here.

Regards

graemew

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi graemew,

Line test is passing, router is in sync at 10.2Mbps down and 0.6Mbps up. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes